Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone have a CAD file of the ice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAIDERMAN
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Does anyone have a CAD file of the ice? Reply with quote

I'm looking for a custom made board that is a little larger than the typical Coleco games but not quite as large as the Benej. I can't see me honking a Benej all over to play League games. Of course someone my size wouldn't look that out of place I guess. Then again my clumsy self would probably slip on the ice and turn the thing into pieces in no time. LOL! That thing would look like Humpty Dumpty after he fell off the wall!! LOL!!I'm a fan of the 3D player look but I guess I'll have to admit that in the CPTHL (Central Pa THL) that the flat players are the better choice. Plus that guy Ian makes some really cool looking flat 2D players. If you need any 2D men I strongly recommend that dude. His work is really good.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone out there has any CAD files of the slot patterns for any of the games that they would be willing to share? I figure they are either impossible to come by or some dude has a folder with every style in it. Just thought I'd ask to see. Thanks in advance.

RAIDERMAN
raiderman110@hotmail.com
RAIDERMAN
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: CAD files Reply with quote

FYI guys,

I created a CAD file of my own slot pattern and can create one for you if you need one. I'll do them very reasonably priced for you. Once you have a CAD file you can send the file to any metal, plastic and/or printing place and they can fabricate your slot pattern for you. So if you're thinking about building your own game or vreating a cover for your existing game this is one major piece to the puzzle taken care of for you.

RAIDERMAN
ruffie
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea Raiderman

Must have taken a lot of thought and effort Clapping Clapping Clapping
I hope it works great on the game you are building. Please post some pics as you move along with it.

Your idea could take care of most of the issues I have with the Stiga but I have a few questions.

Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to put replacement ice on a Stiga. Is it easy to change the players, e.t.c. over from one surface to the other? Would a metal sheet cut the same thickness work or would it be too heavy? If the surface just snaps in it should support the extra weight and make the game more stable. Right? Maybe the players wouldn't fall off so often Rolling Eyes
If I were to buy a Stiga and it warped (wouldn't surprise me much) there's a plasma cutter at work.

A polished stainless steel surface on that slot pattern would be wicked Devil
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Answers (the best I can) Reply with quote

I would think that metal would be too heavy for the Stiga games. Granted mine is heavy but it's also the main support of the surface. You wouldn't want it that heavy on a Stiga. Not sure you even need metal on a Stiga anyway. As near as I can tell changing the ice surfaces (not covers) are fairly easy. The players are easily removed and the ice lifts up but popping the glue dot seal. New glue would need applied but it doesn't seem too hard. Those Stiga games are tough as nails. I don't think they'll warp.

RAIDERMAN
oilersfan99
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool Raiderman. It's neat to see someone transferring real world expertise into the table hockey realm.

Good work.

Joel.
RAIDERMAN
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Realism Reply with quote

Yeah well don't be fooled. The experience of building a game is kicking my anus up around my ears!! The rods are a HUGE pain in the side!! I think I finally took care of the rod part of the board (for now anyway). Now I have to develop the perimeter glass and walls. That's this week's project.

RAIDERMAN
ruffie
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the first time I've heard the Stiga as being „tough as nails“.

Thanks for advice Raiderman.

Maybe one could put the support under the surface itself if one were to try it. I've yet to see replacement ice sold over here. The Stiga I had would have been made about 20 years ago. Have they gotten better since then?

I'll be happy when I get a couple of puck deflectors (where the tower sits) burned out for the Munro so I wouldn't even dream of programing a slot pattern for a game starting from scratch.

Good luck with your game
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: No problem Reply with quote

No problem for the advice guys. Anything that I find out I'll be happy to share with you. This is how the electric football world got as far along as it is now. Guys would invent things and make them available for everyone. Decals, games, accessories, etc. Glad I can help out.

RAIDERMAN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: