Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACTHF ****COLECO SHARK TANK SHOOTOUT**** JUNE 2nd 2007!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Tournaments & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: ACTHF ****COLECO SHARK TANK SHOOTOUT**** JUNE 2nd 2007!!! Reply with quote

ACTHF ****COLECO SHARK TANK SHOOTOUT**** JUNE 2 2007!!!

Hello everybody. The Lemont Table Hockey Leauge presents the COLECO SHARK TANK SHOOTOUT on Saturday June 2nd at 12 noon. The venue for this event is the spacious/ultra clean Lemont VFW Post here in peaceful Lemont Illinois ~ Lemont Honor 22 VFW Post. ADDRESS ~ 15780 New Ave. PHONE 630 257-9859.

The Price is 30 dollars. Prize Money ~ Nice Champions Trophy and medals.
The games featured are the COLECO 5385, 5200 and 5340 Wide Body Coleco games in full
CTHL trim. Rules and games will be to Chicago Table Hockey League specifications.

Chicago Table Hockey League:
http://www.geocities.com/byline302/2002-2003/cthl.html

The COLECO Games are in top notch condition and are ready to Rock. This Tournament is OPEN to anybody who would like to play some CTHL style
Table Hockey with the Lemont Table Hockey League.

Here is full time COLECO Superstar JEFF THILL with 2 of his 12 girlfreinds after winning his third straight COLECO SHARK TANK SHOOTOUT last December!
CHAMPION JEFF THILL ~

Nobody in North America can defeat Jeff on this style game. Hes simply UNBEATABLE!

##############################################
################ REGISTER TODAY! ################# ##############################################

Phone Jim Rzonca at 630 257-8171 OR send a email to jrzonca @ webtv.net

We aint getting any younger! What are ya waitin for? Lets have some FUN on the COLECO here in Chicagoland!

Jim Rzonca
jrzonca@webtv.net
Lemont Table Hockey League
http://www.lemonttablehockey.com
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Bless the CTHL.

Sweet Home Chicago
Jim Rzonca
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm off to the Shark Tank Shootout in Lemont Illinois! Looking forward getting on those fabulous games and hanging with the boys from the windy city.

I was going to play in this tournament when they held it in December, but I had a previous engagement that Saturday with the CPTHL. Very anxious to play against Jeff Thill and see what I can learn from this 5340 master.

Jim always hosts a great event and I have not seen Eric and Joe since Lemont in 2005. Will Roger Connolly show up? Back to Lemont for a weekend of table hockey--at the very least!

Who is with me? C'mon, Lets get a mob down to Lemont for the Shark Tank Shootout! You don't know what you're missing my friends.

Any tips for the banana blade wingers? I need to get some practice in!

God bless the LTHL! Cheers
aloha
colecojohnny@yahoo.com
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much John. Look forward to seeing you again!

Jim Rzonca
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just beautiful! I can't wait to take you on Rzonca!

I heard from Roger Connnolly who said he would "stop by" the Shark Tank Shootout. We got to get this guy to step up and play Clapping

Do you use the modified coleco puck or the solid puck that used to come with the Eagle games?

What is really great about the 5340 slot pattern is that not only are you given more space to work the defensemen into the offense, but when you play top notch players who can shut down the wingers, you are forced to go to your defense and have success just to open up the winger to center pass. When I was playing Steve Dowell in Parsippany, I scored most of my goals from the defense, not the center.

Also, this slot pattern, it seems to me, looks like the classic benej slot pattern with the exception that the center slot has a loop at the top end. But no question, this game (the 5340) has been the "black sheep" of the classic table hockey resurgence: hopefully someone will build a labelle type 5340 (Nuggs perhaps??????) that can bring the 5340 out of the wilderness and into the classic leagues where it belongs.

Chicago is miles ahead of the pack when it comes to the vintage games. THe MHL, THe Hegeswhich league; Bring it on Lemont!

colecojohnny@yahoo.com

Last edited by johnbenej on Thu May 03, 2007 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
carlie b
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your score board is simply stunning Jim. Question: I know the old school folks have many restrictive rules about games and was wondering if you guys allow what we call pin shots to make the puck lift?

You know, using the plastic base of the player (Winger) to hit the top corners. Thanks
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTHL rules has no restrictions against useing the plastic player glides to shoot, pass or score from any position.

Jim Rzonca
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the CTHL Rules ~ http://www.geocities.com/byline302/2002-2003/cthlrules.html These rules are the exact same rules for the COLECO SHARK TANK SHOOTOUT. Two 5 minuite peroids, Big Fast Boards, Big Nets, No where to HIDE................

Jim Rzonca
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is going on with Lisowski/Digangi/ and mr "Nattyboos"? Will they be in the house on Saturday June 2nd around Noontime? Bring on the Champs!
Jim, what has happened to the CTHL players? Are they still with us? Let's bring back the "Harry's Tap" scene, if only for one day!

Four weeks from tomorrow is the Coleco Shark Tank Shootout: I am champing at the bit already Boxing

Will your bro be playing? I hope so! I say pull out all the stops and live it up on Saturday June 2nd Cheers Table hockey is just part of the equation in Lemont: you have the added value of the players themselves in all their class and skill.

Drop the Puck!
colecojohnny@yahoo.com
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John,

Are you flying into Chi-Town or are loading up the vehicle and driving? If you are driving you can take a pit stop in Toledo.

Paul
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better yet. You could Just jump in his car and be safley delivered to Lemont by the Table Hockey nomad himself!

Jim Rzonca
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THanks for the awesome invitation Paul Very Happy ! Unfortunately the benz only takes premium unleaded and its up to $3.55 for a gallon right now. It is actually cheaper for me to fly in on Southwest for $148 round trip into Midway.

I would have loved to stop on by and see how your Stiga game has improved--not to mention pick up some of your top-notch Table Hockey Pro products like the game stabilizer and the new pucks. But alas, gas prices are outrageous and so I have to take off from Laguardia Sad

I prefer driving precisely because I have so many friends along the trails; In Central PA I have my CPTHL buddies like Steve Dowell and Joe Gurney and Craig Sierak. In Ohio I have you! But definitely, If can get a deal done for a MHL style 5340, I will most definitely be driving over to Lemont in July for the Lemont US Open!

Great job with the site my friend; keep up the great work. Not Worthy

and Jim, I really hope we can get the reclusive CTHL champs out to Lemont on Saturday June 2nd; I find myself poring over the CTHL site reading Barry's diary and checking out the great photos late at night in anticipation of the upcoming Coleco Shark Tank Shootout!

My brother came by today and asked me why the decision was made to put the banana blade players on the wings. I told him I had no idea but it makes for an intriguing setup on a sweet slot pattern. I then proceeded to kick his **** twice on the Benej Pro Model . . . .

Slick it up and start the timer: stiga is fine but MHL 5340s are finer!
aloha
colecojohnny@yahoo.com
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John. I never knew they exisisted till 6 yrs ago. Aparently the The Bananna blade Decision was made in the MHL 25 yrs ago. The CTHL 30 yrs ago and in the New York tourney at the Goerge Washington Hotel on Manhattan Island New York in th 70's ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIu_3sPRCv4 just stop the video at 2 minuites and 42 seconds and you will see the COLECO BIG ORANGE 5385 in its Glory with Bananna blades on all positions in this New York City event.
I never seen a bananna blade till 2001. I did not like it at first. The COLECO SHARK TANK SHOOTOUT is held out of RESPECT and in the Spirit of the Chicago Table Hockey League peroid.

Sweet Home Chicago......
Jim Rzonca
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello John. As per usual the CTHL and the CTHL champs have been contacted. Looks like lots of guys have moved on to other things. Its wait and see.............

Jim Rzonca
Johnny Canuck
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Great pictures of these games! Reply with quote

Excellent pictures of these games. I remember playing them as well a couple of years ago. These games are classic hockey history to view. A display of these games would be cool to see in the hockey hall of fame someday. (Either TH or NHL.) These games represent the golden age of hockey. What a hockey shrine in Jim's basement as well. You cannot deny the greatness of CTHL history. I can only respect this when debating which Coleco game is better to play. To each his own and I hope you guys have a great time in June. To the future! Are these Coleco games built to last or what!

Dominic Froome
Vancouver Wink
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COME ONE COME ALL. STEP RIGHT UP FOLKS AND TRY YER LUCK!! BIG TARGETS TO SHOOT AT HERE. SHOULD BE EASY. HOW MANY CAN YOU BAG???

******* JUNE 2ND LEMONT ILLINOIS********

COLECO SHARK TANK SHOOTOUT PRESENTED BY THE LEMONT TABLE HOCKEY LEAGUE

**** JUNE 2ND LEMONT ILLINOIS****
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh yesssss. Beautiful sunny day in Lemont. Looks like we will have a big crowd for LTHL saturday night. Shark Tank Shootout is 23 days away, life is good...........

Heres a sharp little number just to help the registration process along in a nice happy entertaining way ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djG6iCDFDeI

That dude can sing!

Oh and do check out the GREAT WHITE SHARK guitar!

*** JUNE 2ND LEMONT ILLINOIS ***
******* REGISTER TODAY! ********

LETS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim Rzonca
jrzonca@webtv.net

Last edited by Jim Rzonca on Thu May 10, 2007 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rzonca finally got a high-speed connection after all these years, and he watches YouTube all day! LOL

I can't wait for this Saturday...I haven't played since March 31...need the work before Montreal.
carlie b
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow is that the coolest guitar or what!!!!
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUNE 2 in Lemont Illinois.

Jim Rzonca
jrzonca@webtv.net
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it that there is not more buzz about this unique tournament?

Take a look at the fabulous games these guys will be playing on--do you have something like this in your area? I doubt it. So why not make the plans to join us at the Coleco Shark Tank Shootout in Lemont on Saturday June 2nd?

If you fly in on Southwest to Midway airport you can get a very very affordable ticket. There is more to life than Stiga (although Stiga is of course a great game). This is coleco 5340 folks! Bona fide souped-up vintage games in a unique combination of flat and banana blade players, all hosted by terrific gentlemen.
What is the problem here?

There is a cost to everthing in life. See you in Lemont on Saturday June 2nd!
aloha
colecojohnny@yahoo.com
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it that there is not more buzz about this unique tournament?

Take a look at the fabulous games these guys will be playing on--do you have something like this in your area? I doubt it. So why not make the plans to join us at the Coleco Shark Tank Shootout in Lemont on Saturday June 2nd?

If you fly in on Southwest to Midway airport you can get a very very affordable ticket. There is more to life than Stiga (although Stiga is of course a great game). This is Eagle 5340 folks! The slot pattern and metal boards are a riot to play on. Bona fide souped-up vintage games in a unique combination of flat and banana blade players, all hosted by terrific gentlemen.
What is the problem here? Rolling Eyes

There is a cost to everthing in life. See you in Lemont on Saturday June 2nd!
aloha
colecojohnny@yahoo.com
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you John. See you soon man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djG6iCDFDeI

Jim Rzonca

Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone wanna play on the best COLECO games ever made???? Wide body 5340 CTHL Style June 2nd. High Noon in Lemont Illinois............

Jim Rzonca
www.lemonttablehockey.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Tournaments & Events All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: