Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sliders for Eagle Electric

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenner23
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: sliders for Eagle Electric Reply with quote

I was just wondering if the sliders and /or rods from the Irwin Powerplay 2 will fit my Eagle game (I believe circa 1960). I'm just new to this forum but appreciate the history posted here of the Eagle Games.
Jefman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenner: The rods will fit but the problem is the Eagle games from 1954 to 1963 were half circle shaped posts. In other words if you examine the posts on your 1960 game you will see that the players slip onto a half circle shaped peg. Irwin rods are designed for square posts thus they would not be accurate or interchangeable. You can pick up late 1950's, early 1960's Eagle games that are better suited as scrap games to accomplish an inventory of replacement rods. This way when you need a rod replaced you maintain the historic integrity of the game and you save the Irwin rods for games 1964 and after (late Eagle and Coleco) that are square peg compatible.
Kenner23
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefman: Thanks for the reply. I figured that you would be the one with the answers. I guess the search is on for a couple of rods. In the meantime, would the Irwin ones would work until I could find some? It's actually the white sliders that are broken. Thanks. Kenner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: