Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a Coleco Gameroom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Table Hockey Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColecoKing
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Looking for a Coleco Gameroom Reply with quote

Hi Gang,

I am a long-time lurker and first time poster. I was wondering if anyone here can help my out in finding a Coleco Game Room Table. I want the large size table with the goalie controls on the left side.

Thanks for any help with this! Not Worthy
Dar
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are hard to find. There was just one on ebay for a buy it now of $249 and starting bid of $199. But it didnt have the stand. No one bought it. I saw another one go for about $70 and it was in the same condition as the one that had an asking price of $249. But that one wasnt listed where it was easy to find, im sure it would have gone for more. I wanted it and forgot to bid on it. I rarely see this on ebay. Heres the one that was listed but not sold. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120203245228&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002 Maybe you can email the seller and he will sell it to you.
ColecoKing
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dar, I'll send him an e-mail although $250 is a high price for a board in that condition. Was it common to cut out the crease like that? I had one in the 80's and I did the same thing, but I was looking to get one that didn't have it cut out.

Any chance of posting the link for the table that went for $70?

Cheers! Cheers
Dar
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColecoKing wrote:
Thanks Dar, I'll send him an e-mail although $250 is a high price for a board in that condition. Was it common to cut out the crease like that? I had one in the 80's and I did the same thing, but I was looking to get one that didn't have it cut out.

Any chance of posting the link for the table that went for $70?

Cheers! Cheers

I cant find that one. It was a couple months ago. It may have gone for a little more then $70, but it was definitely well below $100. Cool It also didnt include the legs.
Dar
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh I found it. I remember now why it went for so cheap. The seller forgot to put Coleco Gameroom in the title. The selling price was $71. SO I remembered that pretty close. Here it is, but the pictures are no longer there. But it was defintely a Coleco Gameroom.(look at the dimensions) and in good nice condition. EDIT: O h I actually did bid on this one and lost it the last second. Sad Sad I was pissed that night. I should have typed in $100.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320181547008&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=011
ColecoKing
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, Thanks Dar. I'm sorry I missed the pics but it looks like he wasn't going to ship to Canada so I'm outta luck either way. I know of a guy in Toronto who has the board but is asking $600 for it. The condition isn't the best, but I believe you get the legs with it. I guess I have to be more patient and wait it out.

I would have loved to get the board with the Hawks and Bruins. I already have the Leafs and Habs. If you hear/see anything, I would really appreciate the heads up.

Cheers! Cheers
Dar
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let you know. But to tell the truth I was kinda looking for one also. Laughing Laughing But like you I dont want to pay that much for one.

I forgot there was another seller on ebay who was selling Gameroom players and had the table available by request. I'll bet it was the same guy you talked to. Rolling On Floor Laughing He was also from toronto. He said the board may have been uneven in places. He didnt quote me a price but said if I wanted to see it I could come to toronto. $600????? Rolling Eyes No way.

Buy a Benej instead. Its about the same size and sturdier quality.
Noel
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Coleco Game Room Reply with quote

Here's one:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320227665739&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011
Dar
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To bad its pickup only.
ColecoKing
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I've posted here, just wanted to see if anyone has a Gameroom for sale or know of anyone who has one for sale?

Also, are there any shows that feature only table hockey games for sale? They have shows for hockey cards, toys, etc.. but I've never heard one for just table hockey.

Thanks!
DeadlyRedly
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColecoKing wrote:
It's been a while since I've posted here, just wanted to see if anyone has a Gameroom for sale or know of anyone who has one for sale?

Also, are there any shows that feature only table hockey games for sale? They have shows for hockey cards, toys, etc.. but I've never heard one for just table hockey.

Thanks!

Im guessing not enough people own or enjoy table hockey to have a show just for table hockey. Though I have seen table hockey games at Hockey card & toy shows.

Cheers
Dar
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColecoKing wrote:

Thanks!

Still looking huh.??? Sad I stopped looking myself. The only place you are really likely to find one is on ebay,craigslist or any other auction website. Its a very rare game. Did you want one to play on or just display. I would bet any coleco gameroom that you find wouldnt be in very playable condition and even if it were you would probably not want to play it for fear of damaging it. Have you looked at the Benej tables yet??? They are much nicer and sturdier but very similar in size.(The benej being bigger)
Rodwarn
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Coleco Gameroom Reply with quote

I have a Coleco Gameroom I will sell:

The Goalie on this game controls from the RIGHT side
Condition: Good. Rods have been replaced. Paint is decent
Price: $275. (plus exact shipping or pick-up)
Extras: I have 2 new teams and about 20 extra players. Plastic end pieces have been replaced with new old stock.

I have replaced the nets with 4.25" nets and have cut the surface so that goals go ino a cup instead of popping out. The game came with solid Coleco pucks. I'll include 1, but I prefer a hollow diamond puck on this game (not included) I'll include 2 heavier "diamond style pucks"

I have cut the stand down so game could be played seated. The stand aint very sturdy anyway so we played on a table...mostly doubles and rarely in last 25 years. I once had attached plexi end pieces on this game so there are some small srew holes that don't effect play at the ends of the game.

I have a sentimental attachment to this game and will sell it for $275. but I will not entertain lower offers or trades.

Rodwarniors.com
ColecoKing
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dar wrote:
ColecoKing wrote:

Thanks!

Still looking huh.??? Sad I stopped looking myself. The only place you are really likely to find one is on ebay,craigslist or any other auction website. Its a very rare game. Did you want one to play on or just display. I would bet any coleco gameroom that you find wouldnt be in very playable condition and even if it were you would probably not want to play it for fear of damaging it. Have you looked at the Benej tables yet??? They are much nicer and sturdier but very similar in size.(The benej being bigger)

Hey Dar,

Yes, I am still looking. I have been searching the ends of the internet for this table and can't seem to find it anywhere. Even finding pictures of it isn't easy. You bring up a good question. I think I would ultimately use the table as a display. It was one of the first tables I had as a kid and I can stll remember how taken back I was by the size of it. If I remember correctly, there were a few design flaw with it - nowhere for the puck to go once you scored (tons of in and outs), the puck would always fly onto the floor and the nets were huge! Still, it is my favorite table of all time.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Benej tables and may look into one once I have a chance to play it. My first priority is that darn Coleco Gameroom!

Thanks Again Dar
ColecoKing
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Coleco Gameroom Reply with quote

Rodwarniors wrote:
I have a Coleco Gameroom I will sell:

The Goalie on this game controls from the RIGHT side
Condition: Good. Rods have been replaced. Paint is decent
Price: $275. (plus exact shipping or pick-up)
Extras: I have 2 new teams and about 20 extra players. Plastic end pieces have been replaced with new old stock.

I have replaced the nets with 4.25" nets and have cut the surface so that goals go ino a cup instead of popping out. The game came with solid Coleco pucks. I'll include 1, but I prefer a hollow diamond puck on this game (not included) I'll include 2 heavier "diamond style pucks"

I have cut the stand down so game could be played seated. The stand aint very sturdy anyway so we played on a table...mostly doubles and rarely in last 25 years. I once had attached plexi end pieces on this game so there are some small srew holes that don't effect play at the ends of the game.

I have a sentimental attachment to this game and will sell it for $275. but I will not entertain lower offers or trades.

Rodwarniors.com

Hey Rodwarniors,

Thank you so much for the offer. I am looking for a gameroom that has goalies on the left and goal surfaces that are not cut out.(most of the tables I have seen do have the goals that were cut out) The reason is, that I also cut out holes in my table, but it just didn't feel right after.

I would love to see pictures of the table though and I may be interested in the extra men if you could send me a pic.

Thanks!
ColecoKing
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeadlyRedly wrote:
ColecoKing wrote:

Thanks!

Im guessing not enough people own or enjoy table hockey to have a show just for table hockey. Though I have seen table hockey games at Hockey card & toy shows.

Cheers

Do they not have one at the Stiga Vegas tournaments?
Rodwarn
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your not interested in dating my sister but you want to peek in her lingerie drawer?

I'll take a picture at some point and post it here. My game is in a closet and itsa pain in the duppa to fish it out now for a "looker"

I'm not interested in selling the teams separate....SORRY
tigers
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Coleco Gameroom Reply with quote

Hi Mr. ColecoKing,

I have the table you are looking for... It is in its original condition (no holes cut out for the nets). The only modification is to the legs for the table. I revamped the old thin aluminum legs into solid steel legs at standing height, but the body is untouched. I even transfered the original wood panel cover on the new legs.

The table is in great condition, plays perfectly and the surface is level. One of the crappy plastic corner separators is cracked… this does not hinder play and they are easy to find.

I replaced all the springs that were warped when I got my hands on the game last year. Game will include a few original pucks as well as the original 3D gameroom players.

Here is a link to photos of my table:

http://s550.photobucket.com/albums/ii437/MikeDM31/gameroom/

Price of the game is $300 + exact shipping (or other arrangement... depending on where you live).

Thanks,

Mike
ColecoKing
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm sent!
sgvette
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you guys found what you were looking for, but I have a nice Game Room available, multiple teams, and an original box. Let me know if you need info at sgvette@aol.com.

And, no, I have not seen all table hockey shows, but some shows like the one they have in TO a couple times a year shows a lot of table hockey stuff. Some sellers like myself have all kinds of Coleco, Eagle and Munro items available so contact directly. US shows tend to have less table hockey.

Oh- not sure how far into MI you are, but I'm in IL, might be easier to pick it up.
25tigers
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made a deal to buy a Coleco Gameroom from somebody local. I pick it up tomorrow! $20, havent seen it yet, wonder how good it is? Stay tuned.......

25tigers Cheers

PS... love reading posts from some of you that really dig the old table hockey games....keep it up!
Superdave3n2
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Ok Ok I confess,
Last month I went on a table hockey buying spree. I made three separate purchases. The first was a "Top Corner" table hockey game, put out by Irwin toys in the nineties. It was more of a novelty game rather than practical. I scooped this game for $25. When I got it, the game hadn't been opened yet. What a find.
Then I purchased two PP2 games which I'm collecting for parts as Irwin has ceased to make these games and players. Boy, did I get hosed...
I got lots of players, but they were the 3d men (garbage). I paid $125. for the two.
Now the happy ending....
I found a guy selling three games for $90. He lives west of Winnipeg,MB
I live in Toronto, On. I agree to buy all 3 games and accessories I send him the money up front to show my intent.
Then I wait and I wait, for one month I don't hear from this guy, no email no phone call no nothing. I'm thinking I got taken. I search the guy out on Yellow Pages and locate his number. I call and make contact with him. He appologizes perfusely as he was going through issues of his own. he promises to send them out as soon as possible.
This past Monday night (Nov.22/2010) I received the games.
Here's what I got for $90.
1- Munro "Hot Shot" in mint condition in the original box with all the original six hockey teams.
1- Munro "National Hockey" game with all the players for it. the game is warped but can be refurbished.
3-Irwin ProStars game in mint condition.
If I'm not correct, the two Muro games are and will be worth somthing. Especially the "Hot Shot"
Christmas definately came early for me.
SD
25tigers
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Gameroom $20 version Reply with quote

Well I picked up the Gameroom last week. Too be honest I had never seen a live one before, thought it might be bigger, but actually am glad its not. Little to no warping on the board, all the players (leafs/canadiens) minus one head, and one player peg broke off. Game is very dirty and I havent seen if there is any scratching under neath but I do not think so. All rods are straight and the big nets are good. No problems with the leg supports and seems pretty steady. Am I happy you betcha! Cant wait to clean it up and then play it. I think I'll call the guy with no head Komisarik! Laughing If I can figure out posting pictures, I'll post one when I'm done.

25tigers
25tigers
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, and the original instructions!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Table Hockey Other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: