Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed, can anyone identify this table?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Table Hockey Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhoodog
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Help needed, can anyone identify this table? Reply with quote

Hi folks.

My first of what I hope to be many posts.

I'm a huge Hockey fan, and have wanted a table Hockey game since I can't remember when, but living here in Ireland they are as rare as hens teeth, and the cost of shipping from elsewhere would be more than the actual table, so it was with great surprise (and not a little joy) to discover a used table for sale at a charity event, but (there's always a but) no figures, nets or pucks, and with no manufactures marks, no way of identifying the table.

I'm hoping that someone will be able to recognize the table from the following pictures, I know it won't be an expensive table (having the goals against the end walls spoils it a bit) but it's the best I've got and I'm more than happy with it - once I get it fully equipped.

the dimensions in inches are,
Goalmouth approx 5 3/4",
Width (from outside edge to outside edge) 16"
Length from outside edge etc 27"

Many thanks for any help
Colin
Patrick-Hatrick
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: hockey game Reply with quote

Hey Colin, second newest guy on THH making his first post. That certainly is a strange table you have there. Kind of reminds me of Hot Shot hockey or some of the shorter vintage tables we have here. The puck goes right through eh? Probably why it is missing Smile Also those slots are really cut close to the goal crease. I suppose if you just wanted to make it a player you could drill some holes and make your own nets. Get some coat hanger and take some measurements and bend away. It might take a couple trys and if you have a mate that could braze it or tack weild with a mig even better. Just make it so you can get some of that white old church lady hair netting to fit through it. Pucks would not be a problem. There must be some type of players that will work but the bases look small and unfamiar to me. I'm thinking this is a European made model. Sure is strange to me! Thanks for letting me chime in. Pat.
Patrick-Hatrick
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: More thoughts Reply with quote

Wow,just looked again and that is a small net area.Looks weird how the original nets must have just hooked in the back. There is no play area behind the goal. Maybe that is why the slots are so far back. Could those back holes been part of a puck chute? I think I would put something across there to keep the puck from coming out. Leave the net open and you won't have any in and outs Very Happy Those player pegs also look real short so I'm thinking maybe 3d players? Wait for the experts to chime in as they are all here.
bhoodog
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the reply Patrick-Hatrick, yeah those nets are in a strange postition, I'll have to take out the first two rows of seats behind the goal for a wrap around

Laughing
ruffie
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Colin.

Can't help with parts for that game. Maybe with something else.

The Munro company sold games in Ireland years ago through Lexie Tynan L.T.D. in Dublin. They also sold football games that were basically the same thing. Be sure to check auctions, E Bay, boot sales. Parts wouldn't be expensive to ship from America and some of the guys here could sell you what you need if something is missing. Munros were solidly built and you would enjoy playing any type you might find. They are out there if you can find them.

You might be able to find a Stiga at Amazon. A lot of the members on here enjoy that game.
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome Ruffie, and the great advice.
I'd come across the name Lexie Tynan Ltd whilst researching this game and wondered if there was a connection, I think you're correct with the football connection, with different markings the board could quite easily be a football pitch (the positioning of the goals also)
I've contacted two sellers on eBay who appear to be the leading sellers of hockey game material, both have replied and are looking for the appropriate teams, failing that, then I'll definitely take look at buying a Stiga thru Amazon - you never know, in a few years I could have the first league in Ireland - maybe even a European tournament Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Table Hockey Other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: