Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Chexx location database...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Table Hockey Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aSevie
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Super Chexx location database... Reply with quote

Hey everyone, just joined last night. I'm not sure how it happened but something has completely taken over my sanity and I'm on a quest to get a Super Chexx in my house. Until that happens I've been obsessed with finding a Super Chexx to go and play. Therein lies the problem! I can't find one in the Atlanta area but I travel for a living and I'm sure I'll find one soon.

In the meantime, as another sink hole in my daily life continues to expand, I've been getting up to speed with PHP/MySQL and the Google Maps API. What better project than to start a Super Chexx Game Finder database!!??

I've created a web page were you can add a location of a Super Chexx with a browser and your smart phone. What I'd like to start doing is adding the locations, perhaps with your help as well! The web page currently uses your phone's GPS (it asks permission) to record the lat/long of your current location, there are 2 other fields for manual entry; Business and Notes. Nothing personal is pulled from your phone, simply the latitude, longitude and altitude.

The page is very basic as I'm still playing with the code and I don't have a mechanism yet to view all of the locations (but that should change within a week or so). The plan is to visit the page and either submit a location or have your phone find your location and find the nearest Super Chexx.

If you know of a Super Chexx but can't physically visit the location, send me an address of a business and I can manually add it to the database.

The final product will be a searchable database (with results shown on a google map, by state, or within a specified distance of a location) of all the Super Chexx games anywhere in the world. If it doesn't take off, well, I learned a thing or two about php/MySQL and the Google Maps API.

Now, back to finding a cheap Super Chexx and figuring out how to paint the players... Thanks!

www.flashqard.com/iphone/chexx.php

Once I get it working, I plan on moving it to another domain, I've registered bubblehockey.us but still waiting for the domain to become active. Also, if there are other hockey games to add, by all means, let me know, it can easily be expanded and is not limited to just Super Chexx.

Oh, I'm not pimping this for commercial exploit, this is simply a personal project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Table Hockey Cafe All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: