Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Room Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoop27
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Game Room Update Reply with quote

Finally got around to getting some of this restoration done. Next steps are to..
1) Make puck catchers
2) drill a spot for a rod behind the net for a goalie rod (giving the option to have it either on the side or behind the net)
3) permanent legs
4) glass
5) New PVC surface

Hoop27
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was able to bang of numbers 1,2,3 today. Shooting for a scoreboard or two tomorrow.
ruffie
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookin' nice and clean Hoop.

Are you putting in a new surface because of a design you want? If it's because of wharping you could easily work something under it.

Those game rooms are bombproof. Another 50 years and you'll be playing the great grandkids on it.

Looks, and sounds, like your enjoying it. Looking forward to more pics as you move along Cheers
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New surface for a couple reasons. I like the PVC and have a friend who has the ability to do something quality. Also the main change I want to make is to allow play behind the net by extending the defencemen.

There is a little warping but levelers have taken care of it for the most part.

Ya they are tough games for sure with the new frame and supports that are on it along with the metal nets it should last for a long time which is the main goal.

Got rink board ads on last night and added a set of folding legs for it.

Next steps are to add glass, and a overhead scoreboard I have from another old game (no idea) along with plenty of spare rods I have I should be good.

One question how close in size are the Stiga pucks to the Coleco pucks? I've had a tough time tracking down the actual dimensions.
doanuts
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty nice there Hoop. I am going to work on upgrading the Game room I have. I will love to see the finished project. I will like to see what you have figured out for ice surface and play behind the net. The game room I have had the black corner pieces removed and rounded corners added but there is too much dead space behind the nets. I am going to have to think of a different track pattern for the defence men.

Post pictures of how you added the glass. I have a few ideas for mine but nothing worked out yet, but will probably have to wait for spring as Winter is coming in Edmonton and my garage is not heated.

Keep us posted Hoop.

Thanks!
Hoop27
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Doanuts you either need to leave that god forsaken city or get a heated garage Smile

I should have pictures to show soon. I'm hoping to have my rig for the scoreboard done tomorrow with some other odds and ends.

After that wait for the new surface (buddy and I have a couple sweet ideas for the slot pattern)

Going to try and make pucks for it tomorrow as well out of a dowel rod now that I know the weights and measures of what they should be.

Fun Fun Fun!
Hoop27
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for the glass I'm thinking of attaching the Lexan to velcro and see how it holds up.
Hoop27
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More work on the game. Added a scoreboard from another game (no idea which one) that I picked up at the flea market, also wanted to show what I was doing with a simple puck catcher. It's screen door screen and has worked really well so far, also of note I took out the bottom bar across the back of the net and haven't had a in and out as of yet. Oh ya that's the goalie rod I put in. I think it plays better with one person at the controls better.

doanuts
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips Hoop. I will look into that heated garage. While we are on the issue of Coleco Game Room hockey, does anybody have a Rangers team they would like to sell? Also does anybody have a picture of the Vancouver team. I would love to find one of those teams but I do not even know how they look.

That is one big score board Hoop, I am thinking of making something a little smaller but will probably have to wait for weather. I cannot wait to see your ice surface, does your friend have a plastic shop? Or can that stuff be cut with a router?
Hoop27
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's actually up in Edmonton and I think he'll do it with a router. We were chatting about stealing Superdave's New 4 slot pattern. (search New 4 table hockey on youtube and you'll see it.)

For your particular game I know Cowboy extended the defensive slots on his game. Probably could use a dremel and extend them back. I don't know if you could get it 100% without a dead spot but really if it plays good who cares?

Figures can be tricky to find so keep an eye out on Kijiji but you could try and paint a squad too. It's honestly not that hard to get something that looks decent.

edit: I'm 6'6" so that's why the scoreboard is up so high. I also added a set of folding legs to it (not pictured) I also put a magnet on one of the side bars to have a digital kitchen timer there.
Hoop27
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was checking on this too and I think the Rangers and Canucks are going to be hard to find since they were sold individually.

doanuts wrote:
Thanks for the tips Hoop. I will look into that heated garage. While we are on the issue of Coleco Game Room hockey, does anybody have a Rangers team they would like to sell? Also does anybody have a picture of the Vancouver team. I would love to find one of those teams but I do not even know how they look.

That is one big score board Hoop, I am thinking of making something a little smaller but will probably have to wait for weather. I cannot wait to see your ice surface, does your friend have a plastic shop? Or can that stuff be cut with a router?
doanuts
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Coleco game room teams Reply with quote

Hi Hoop,

Actually I was luck a couple of days ago and found someone selling a Rangers team with blue jerseys. (I had purchased a few month's ago a Rangers team with white jerseys). I thought they were a little over priced, but like you said, hard to find. I would still love to see a picture of the Vancouver team or if anybody know's the differences in the team look compared to the Toronto blue team that would be appreciated.

I also hope that Cowboy would post some more pictures of some of the customized coleco players that he has posted before.

Keep us posted on the upgrade Hoop. I am interested to see how you will add the glass. I have a few idea's for mine but this will not get done until next summer when it warms up. Until then I think I will be painting a few teams.....Go Oilers!!
Hoop27
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to get a chance to hide in the garage tonight and get some more work done on it lol.

I alas am probably painting a Oilers team as well. Have MTL/TOR CHI/BOS so may as well have the battle of Alberta in there too.

With the glass I'll first try the velcro idea, if that doesn't work I'll probably just screw it into the side.
Hoop27
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another thing I might try is to use the dremel to cut into the sides and ends enough so slide the glass pieces in with a little glue.

I just bought 2 sheets of .08 2'4' for under $30 so I was thinking two pieces of 24"x3" for the sides and two pieces of 24"x6" for behind the net as a simple solution.
Hoop27
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad news if I haven't come up with a easy design goal cup.
sklump
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The screen you have is perfectly fine, unless it yields in-outs.
Hoop27
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It functions alright. I just need to figure out a little better system with a goal cup of some sort that brings the puck down to be retrieved.

But as a quick solution the screen does work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: