Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NY City Table Hockey 2014-2015

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: NY City Table Hockey 2014-2015 Reply with quote

Shocked
Custom Coleco 5380 returns to Coney Island NYCTHA style Saturday October 4, 2014, 10:30 AM at Peggy O'Neill's (1904 Surf Avenue Brooklyn NY). One block west of the Coney Island train station.

Double round robin, playoffs and lunch. All are Welcome. Its all about the fun. We are playing on Soho Table Hockey games.

Interested? Email colecojohnny@yahoo.com Then show up and get ready to enjoy yourself.

October 4 Opening Day
December 13 Date II
January 10 Date III
February 21 Date IV
March 21 Date V
April 18 Classic Cup Playoffs

Cheers

Looking back on all the opening days and league dates over the years since October 2006 (you can too by visiting www.nyctha.us clicking on NEWS and then just scrolling down) two things jump out at me.
First, what a great idea Greg Scoma had when he said we should always take a group photo at the end of the league date to document who had been there that month, and to take lots of photos so as to record the day and thereby create some sort of written record or history. Props to him for that.

But 2nd, and to me more importantly, looking back I see just what a great group of guys we have hosted in the past. Guys who decided to take a Saturday morning and play some table hockey and how many great relationships and friendships resulted from playing a sport most people don't even consider a sport. All the great matches, and conversations, and lunches and post league date dinners across the street. Coney Island is a magical place, even now in 2014. And when you combine table hockey with such a great venue and so many terrific people, well, all I can say is that I am so grateful that Greg and I started this League since it gives me a chance to spend time playing my favorite sport with my favorite people. God Bless The NYCTHA. Cheers Clapping
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: take a look! Reply with quote

www.nyctha.us

is the place to visit if you want to see what our Classic League is like . . . Shocked

Simply scroll down the Welcome Page for league dates of the past . . . or click on PHOTO ALBUMS to see our players and venue in action . . . . or you can peruse the history of the league by clicking on NEWS and once again scrolling down.

All this information and these photos (and stats) will give you some idea of what to expect when you come to play in Coney Island at the NYCTHA Classic League.

Cheers
colecojohnny@yahoo.com
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: League Date II Reply with quote

http://www.nyctha.us/

Details and photos from Opening Day on site: Pics can be seen by clicking on Photo Album Shocked

56 matches, 31 one-goal games, 6 goals per game on average. Great bunch of guys.

Next league date is Saturday December 13th. Before that is the HUGE Soho Table Hockey Tournament Saturday November 8th Clapping

Email john@sohotablehockey.com All players welcome.

You can email colecojohnny@yahoo.com if you want to play on December 13th Cheers
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject: the kids are alright Reply with quote

Before 2014 runs out and it is 2015, here is an update on the NY City Table Hockey Association Classic League.
As you can see on the site,
http://www.nyctha.us

the Classic League looks like a lot of fun--and it is. Thanks to a great venue, excellent games, and most importantly, a friendly group of guys, the Classic League has never been better: it's the best its ever been.

Most of this has to do with what I mentioned above but besides the greatness of the games, the SoHo Table Hockey games are superb and bring out the emotion and action like no other game, it is the enthusiasm of the players this year that makes it all so exciting.

A few of these guys would play 24 hours a day! And coming off a year when we did not have the league to now when there are more options besides the NYCTHA--like the SoHo League for example--this is an element that while you love it when you have it, you want more people to share in it.

I am aware that there are at least 7-9 NY City area players out there who either have played here in the past or who have competed with me in other leagues or tournaments. Now I am not going to ask you to come out but I just want you to know that you are welcome and really, you have no idea what you are missing. There are 3 league dates left, then playoffs in April, and then nothing for six months.

So if you are a player, and you can get to Coney Island on January 10th, I suggest you put aside whatever obstacles that might have prevented you from making the trip and make it in January. Why? Because on your drive home from Coney Island on January 10th you will be kicking yourself for not playing back in October and December.

If you are a new player and have not made it out to Coney Island and have taken the time to read this--all you have to do is email colecojohnny@yahoo.com and you are in. No fees. No dues. Just table hockey, lunch and more table hockey.

Happy New Year.
JP
colecojohnny@yahoo.com
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: its a wrap Reply with quote

Final regular season date is Saturday March 21st, 1030AM, at Peggy O'neill's in Coney Island (1904 Surf Avenue Brooklyn NY).
email colecojohnny@yahoo.com if you want to play.
Superdave3n2
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who Won John?
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:55 am    Post subject: nyc Reply with quote

Lou The Legend won the Classic League Date V Saturday March 21. Details at http://www.nyctha.us/

Classic Cup Playoffs Saturday April 18th. Visiting players are welcome to play in the round robin and then the knockout round for an extremely valuable prize. If you would like to play, please email me at colecojohnny@yahoo.com Clapping
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: And Done! Reply with quote

Congratulations Clapping to Lou Marinoff for winning the 2015 Classic Cup. Clapping

Lou defeated the top three ranked NYCTHA players en route to his Cup victory. Photos in the PHOTO ALBUM at
http://www.nyctha.us/

We are hosting the Tri-State Cup Saturday May 16th at 10AM in Breezy Point. All players are welcome. Email me at colecojohnny@yahoo.com if you would like to join us and play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Leagues All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: