Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Passing of Jeffrey Alan Scoma, Buffalo TH player 1970s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Table Hockey Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sabre_in_Virginia
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: The Passing of Jeffrey Alan Scoma, Buffalo TH player 1970s Reply with quote

As some of you know, I've written before for those who've passed away, e.g. Brian Carp whom I never knew, but to give memory to them and to let old friends know.

Today, I come to you of heavy heart, because my own little brother passed away Saturday.

We got our first game at Christmas about 1965 or so. My family was pretty poor back about then with our father having left us. With no financial support, we moved in with my grandmother and my mom took on numerous jobs some at the same time.

I don't recall us playing then, but I do when my mom was part of the first group of women to work in the Chevrolet engine factory. We got a small home. That year, Buffalo got a new NHL franchise, the Buffalo Sabres.

Jeff and I would play table hockey on the floor, the carpet and at some point I wrote down our scores and dates. We'd listen to games on the radio or have the TV on in the background trying to capture the signal from Canada to hear games. It was usually too snowy to see them. Us older players know what I mean.

In hindsight, I enjoyed playing a lot more than he. But, he played for years maybe just to be a good brother. For that I love him. I will miss him.

I know many of you have similar stories of your childhood and so I thought to share here.

My little brother Jeffrey, passed away this past Saturday. One of the founding players, he played in the North Buffalo Table Hockey League (NBTHL) and before starting in 1972. He might have won the inaugural championship, had he not broken his wrist during the playoff rounds. He was a good basketball player playing for St. Paul's, Kenmore, NY when he took a tumble going to the hoop and broke his wrist.

Disabled from a later accident and unemployed for sometime, he had no worldly goods, insurance and did not receive or take money from the government.

I want to get him home to Buffalo, NY; a one day viewing, church, and to rest beside his grandparents. Those were his wishes.

Can you help me get him home? I only seek a modest funeral, please click this link to a donation page for him:

https://www.youcaring.com/jeffrey-scoma-461049

Thank you.
Sabre_in_Virginia
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Will You Please Help? Reply with quote

Fellow Table Hockey Players,
People have helped contribute to help me get my brother home to Buffalo for a modest funeral. Contributions have included coming from fellow table hockey players. Thank you!

My younger brother, Jeffrey, walked into the hospital due to his illness and never walked out, passing away this past Saturday.

From the help I have received, I now have my brother on a flight home. Thank you!

I and my mother still need, and you can still help, to get a casket and help defray related costs. I'm in a few thousand dollars already for various up front costs.

To donate, please click the link or copy the address and paste it into your address bar
https://www.youcaring.com/jeffrey-scoma-461049

I want to get him home to Buffalo, NY; a one day viewing, church, and to rest beside his grandparents. Those were his wishes.

THANK YOU!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Table Hockey Cafe All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: