Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Stiga Players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNTwinsfan22
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Custom Stiga Players Reply with quote

Hi all, I've spent some time the last few weeks browsing the forum looking for answers, so I apologize if I missed the thread that would have this. I am looking at taking some of the blank, plain white, stiga players and creating a custom team with them, but wondering if anyone has any general instructions or guidelines on how to do it? I know I've seen posts that has where to get logos etc, but what about name/number formats? Best way to prime/paint/finish? Any tips on getting nice straight lines on jerseys?

thanks all
ThrashersFan
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey MNTwinsfan22

You're on the right track - peruse the history of this forum in the Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games section and you'll find a ton of info on painting your custom figures. Sometimes the best threads are those where guys are sharing their custom sets and then questions and ideas start getting bounced around.

As for numbers and letters - it's going to depend on what kind of software you have. If you have some of the Adobe products or other graphic software you could just Google "hockey fonts" and you'll come up with a bunch of sites like http://www.ffonts.net/tag/0/nhl

If you don't have graphic software a good option is http://www.jerseydatabase.com/. There are a lot of jersey's already made that you could just print on decal sheets. I used the Testor's decal sheets because I can find them easily in my area but there are other companies that make them as well.

As for paint I like the oil based because I think it's more durable but you could go with Acrylic as long as you put a few clear coats on for protection. In fact you would want to clear coat oil based as well. Table hockey pucks wreak havoc on the paint around the skates. For primer I just use a white wash base coat. Some folks spray the primer base but I prefer to apply by brush.

As for straight lines - it just takes time and practice. You can always touch up lines to make them straighter. With oil base paints you end up with some thick lines if you have to touch up a lot to achieve straight lines but a couple generous coats of clear coat with make the finished product smooth.

Good luck - share your work with us.

Thanks
Jeff
DETMURDS
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is very correct!

ThrashersFan wrote:
Hey MNTwinsfan22

You're on the right track - peruse the history of this forum in the Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games section and you'll find a ton of info on painting your custom figures. Sometimes the best threads are those where guys are sharing their custom sets and then questions and ideas start getting bounced around.

As for numbers and letters - it's going to depend on what kind of software you have. If you have some of the Adobe products or other graphic software you could just Google "hockey fonts" and you'll come up with a bunch of sites like http://www.ffonts.net/tag/0/nhl

If you don't have graphic software a good option is http://www.jerseydatabase.com/. There are a lot of jersey's already made that you could just print on decal sheets. I used the Testor's decal sheets because I can find them easily in my area but there are other companies that make them as well.

As for paint I like the oil based because I think it's more durable but you could go with Acrylic as long as you put a few clear coats on for protection. In fact you would want to clear coat oil based as well. Table hockey pucks wreak havoc on the paint around the skates. For primer I just use a white wash base coat. Some folks spray the primer base but I prefer to apply by brush.

As for straight lines - it just takes time and practice. You can always touch up lines to make them straighter. With oil base paints you end up with some thick lines if you have to touch up a lot to achieve straight lines but a couple generous coats of clear coat with make the finished product smooth.

Good luck - share your work with us.

Thanks
Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: