Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New issue of "The Score" now available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> United States Table Hockey Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: New issue of "The Score" now available Reply with quote

USTHA members woke up today to find that the latest issue of the official newsletter, "The Score," has been published. There's a modern twist: it's now an online publication.

You can check out all the details about the new format and new issue at the USTHA web site.

http://www.ustha.com/

(To our Canadian friends with the CTHA...the organization is working on sending you the same e-mail with the details of how to access the new issue. In the meantime, if you have questions, you can feel free to e-mail me at byline302@yahoo.com and I'll try to help.)

Eric
ustha.com
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT WORK as usual Eric!

Jim Rzonca
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Jim.

The real thanks for this one goes out to Stephen Klump and Dom Froome for their contributions to the newsletter, and to Reggie for taking the time to answer some questions. And to Paul Brotz and Ron Marsik for the flashback feature. Glad I snapped a pic of Reggie while in SoCal...had one to use for the newsletter.

Eric
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job guys!

Jim Rzonca
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: March issue of The Score now available online to members Reply with quote

Hello all. We've posted the latest issue of "The Score," the official newsletter of the USTHA/CTHA. It's in electronic form.

In this issue:

*Tips on how to quickly figure out how a Stiga game plays (fast or slow, etc)

*A look at tournament organizing with Mike Horan of Binghamton, NY

*Player profile with Jim Rzonca

*And one dreamer weighs in with his view of a World Championship of table hockey. A couple other articles failed to turn up in my inbox by deadline, but hope to get them for the next issue. Check it out:

The web site: http://usthactha.wordpress.com/

Thanks to Messrs. Klump and Froome for their contributions.

To get the password, you've gotta be a USTHA or CTHA member. I tend not to push the membership sales (because I know people don't like a hard sell in the TH world) but only point it out because um, membership has its privileges.

We've also got back issues archived online for members. I think there might be a sample post or two that's not password protected, for those looking to sample.

Best,
Eric
ustha.com
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: new issue of "the score" now available Reply with quote

Hello everyone. The new issue of "The Score," the table hockey newsletter of North America, has been posted online over the past week. A late Christmas present, maybe?

We've got four articles this issue: one on practicing tips, a look at the trend toward multi-board tournaments, a player Q and A with John Labianca of Las Vegas, and a column by Canadian Table Hockey Association President John Cooke.

Members of the United States Table Hockey Association got an e-mail tonight telling them how to access the newsletter at http://usthactha.wordpress.com/

Members of the Canadian Table Hockey Association who didn't get an e-mail but want to access the newsletter can feel free to please e-mail me at ericakrol@gmail.com

Happy holidays and best wishes in the new year,

Eric Krol
USTHA President
http://www.ustha.com
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: call for submissions to "The Score" Reply with quote

Hello. We've been planning a new issue of "The Score," the official newsletter of the USTHA/CTHA for quite a while now and have a few stories in various stages of completion. We could always use a few more.

But we'd also like to ask the table hockey community for some story ideas and contributions. That will help us put out the newsletter with more frequency.

Please send your thoughts to ericakrol@gmail.com

Best, Eric
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: new issue of The Score now available Reply with quote

Hello everyone. We're pleased to announce that there is a new issue of "The Score" now available online.

There are four articles in this edition:

*Feature story: Box defense. Five experts discuss this defensive approach. By Eric Krol

*Player profile: Mike Hubbard.

*Memory lane: My first tournaments in Montreal. By Rob Meer.

*League profile: Las Vegas Table Hockey Club. By Jay Petrick.

We're making this issue available to everyone who played in a tournament the last two years as a way to say thank you for playing in tournaments and supporting table hockey.

The newsletter is here: http://usthactha.wordpress.com

Players in the U.S. should check their e-mail inboxes for the password. If you think you should have gotten it but did not, please e-mail me at ericakrol@gmail.com

It's also available to CTHA players in Canada. Please ask CTHA President John Cooke for details.

We've already got a few stories planned for the next edition.

But we're always looking for contributions. If you have a story idea, feel free to send it our way. If you'd like to contribute a piece, drop us an e-mail.

Sincerely,

Eric Krol
Editor, The Score
USTHA president
ustha.com
usthactha.wordpress.com
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all. We've gradually been posting new stories for the latest issue of The Score, the USTHA/CTHA newsletter. The issue is now complete.

This issue includes pieces from:

*John Cooke, CTHA president

*A league profile of CAGA-Detroit

*The Golden Age with Ron Marsik of Chicago

*A player feature on Kent Richter of Edmonton

*Feature story on mental toughness and table hockey.

We're making this issue available to everyone who played in a tournament the last couple years as a way to say thank you for playing in tournaments and supporting table hockey.

Players in the U.S. should check their e-mail inboxes for the password. If you think you should have gotten it but did not, please e-mail me at ericakrol@gmail.com

It's also available to CTHA players in Canada. Please ask CTHA President John Cooke for details.

As always, we're looking for contributors and articles and story ideas. If you've got one, don't be bashful. Offer it up or maybe even write it yourself.

Best,
Eric
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone. Tonight, we've posted the latest issue of The Score, the USTHA/CTHA online newsletter.

This issue includes pieces on:

*Clearing the zone by Stephen Klump

*A league profile of the Edmonton Table Hockey League

*A player feature on Eric Davis of Byron, IL

*Feature story of buying tips on eBay

It's password protected for USTHA/CTHA members. If you think you should have received the e-mail with the password, contact me and I'll get you squared away. ericakrol@gmail.com

As always, we'd like to publish more frequently than twice a year. We're looking for contributors and articles and story ideas. If you've got one, don't be bashful. Offer it up or maybe even write it yourself.

Best,
Eric Krol
USTHA president

###
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody. We've got an early holiday present for the table hockey community. It's a new issue of "The Score," the official newsletter of the Canadian Table Hockey Association and United States Table Hockey Association.

We've got five articles in this issue, which has a loose Canadian Stiga TH theme.

*A message from CTHA President John Cooke

*A story about the CTHA's foray into Facebook by Johnny Canuck.

*A player profile on the talented Eric Desjardins.

*A new feature written by Jeff Mancini of Las Vegas about vintage table hockey games. The debut column is about a specific Eagle game close to Jeff's heart.

*The feature article this time is written by the brilliant Stephen Klump, who really thinks about TH and the mechanics of the game. It's about How to Aim, complete with photo illustrations. It's really something.

I was very happy to act as an editor this time out...asking people to contribute and watching their ideas bear fruit. We can publish more frequently if people contribute their story ideas and talents and time.

Speaking of which, special thanks to John Cooke, Stephen Klump, Johnny Canuck, Eric Desjardins and Jeff Mancini for their contributions in this issue.

If you live in the US, I'll be emailing members with the password.

If you live in Canada, please contact John Cooke for the password. An email also will go out to some CTHA members.

If you already know the password, the web site is here: http://usthactha.wordpress.com/

Or hit me with a private message on here or at ericakrol@gmail.com

Happy holidays to everyone.

Eric
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all. We’ve posted the latest issue of The Score, the USTHA-CTHA online newsletter.

We’ve got four stories this time out: a league profile on the Eastern Iowa Table Hockey League, a player profile on Dr. Kevin Rafferty, a look at the Gretzky game by Jeff Mancini and a feature story on making plays with the left wing.

You can see the newsletter here: http://usthactha.wordpress.com/

Password for this issue is: thescoredecember14

Happy holidays,

Eric Krol

Editor, The Score
sklump
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job! Thanks to all who helped put this out.
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello hello.

It's that time of year again...starting to put together a new issue of The Score. Submissions welcome.

PM me here or send email to ericakrol@gmail.com

If you have an idea for a story, I can work with you on shaping it...as it turns out, I do this type of thing for a living. Smile

###
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all. We’ve posted the latest issue of The Score, the USTHA-CTHA online newsletter.

We’ve got five stories this time out: a league profile on the Northwest Chicago THL, a player profile on Roman Nezhyba, a look at new CTHA President Sal Capizzi's Winnipeg Table Hockey Association, a feature by the always-thinking Stephen Klump on body positioning and a story on how to improve at fintars (center shots) by me featuring quotes from Denmark's Bjarne Axelsen, Sweden's Karl Jonsson and Sissie Wikstrom's Table Hockey School.

You can see the newsletter here: http://usthactha.wordpress.com/

You don't need a password to see this issue.

Please pass on word that the new issue is available to read to your TH friends/leagues/associations/etc.

Happy holidays,

Eric Krol

Editor, The Score
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> United States Table Hockey Association All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: