Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACTHF ****COLECO U.S. OPEN**** JULY 27 2007!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> U.S. Open Tournament
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlo, there's still room for you on the list.

And if it fills up, I'll gladly give up my spot for you!

Eric
carlie b
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so very nice of you Eric. Ah, one day hopefully. I have a once a year far trip for table hockey. This year was Boston (Stiga). Next year if all is well and John repeats his event in New York, that should be my destination so Chicago in 2009???? If these events are still going on and health permits, that's where I will be. Smile
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Another legend to face! Reply with quote

I am so excited to hear that CTHL LEGEND Mike "Big Daddy" DiGangi is going to play in the US Coleco Open in Lemont on Friday July 27th! I have heard and read so much about this great player that I am thrilled he has entered the fray that is the Coleco Open.

From all accounts and multiple sources, DiGangi is a supremely talented playmaker and scorer who has 8,9,10 different ways to put the puck in your net. The question is: can he do this on the more narrow/more contested surface of the 5380? The angles are different and the time with the puck is less--plus the nets are smaller than the CTHL nets. But like any table hockey champ, I am certain "Big Daddy" will find a way to get to the finals .

Great news! Now I'd like to know where the following table hockey players are hiding:
AJ Sarma
Roger Owens
Wally Jabs
James Friedl
John Fitzpatrick
Kevin Struss
Dave Miller
Joe Gurney
John Gaffney
Dom Froome
Ron Marsik

lets' go guys! Two tournies on one weekend! C'mon, lets play some table hockey! Send the missus to the mall or the gym or both, bring the kids and lets play some table hockey in Lemont July 27th and 28th. Cheers
carlie b
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my OH MY, Chicago hits 40 & 20!!!!!! Its 2:15am and here I am thinking about you know what, that's right TABLE HOCKEY. Okay, lets go see the player list for fun. Shawinigan, okay stable at 34 with a little less than 2 months to go. Now lets go see Chicago, thinking that there is no change from this afternoon right? Wrong!!!! Stiga know has 40 and 2 new players have been added to the Coleco event jumping the number to 20.

Wow, great job boys, keep it up. Can you feel it? Table hockey in July, now that's what I'm talking about! What's this taking a break for the summer crap!!!!!!
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its like this every July in Lemont. For 6 yrs now Carlo. Come check it out one day. Just have'in FUN.

Were all nutz in Chicago. And we LOVE it!

Sweet Home Chicago........
Jim Rzonca
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, I hate to contradict you, but you got it backwards.

The people who are "nuts" are the people who are NOT going to be in Lemont the weekend of July 27th. Can you imagine not having the desire to make what is shaping up to be the most incredible weekend of table hockey since the first Las Vegas tournament? Yes, the Stiga field is not as strong as that one was (Jacob Lindahl, etc), but the coleco field and yes--the stiga field--is strong enough to warrant purchasing a plane fare and a hotel room.
Two tournaments in one weekend, on the two most popular games in North America right now, and you are going to miss this? Shocked

Of course there is more to life than table hockey--do you really think I believe there isn't? We'd love to see more players join us but one thing is for certain--I'm going to have great time and if you are smart, you will afford yourself a great time also.

all the best,
colecojohnny@yahoo.com
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have it any way you like it. Either way its PARTY time!

Jim Rzonca
KevinSoCal
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, Eric, and John,

We fly in too late on Friday to make the Coleco tournament. Sounds like it will be a blast!

Jim and Eric, add three more Raffertys to the Stiga tournament list for Saturday. Like last year, my sons Sean and Brian from Laguna Hills, CA want to play plus my brother Kelly from Lake Barrington, IL.

Looking forward to another great event in Lemont!

Best regards,
Kevin
Blazing Guns
UNITED STATES STIGA SHOOTOUT #11
January 27, 2018
Anaheim
DTHLcommish
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Sponsorship deal ? Reply with quote

Is there more to life than Table hockey John ? Im not sure . But I think Jim and Eric need to get right to work on that national USTHA /US Open sponsorship deal with **** Embarassed
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KevinSoCal wrote:
Jim, Eric, and John,

We fly in too late on Friday to make the Coleco tournament. Sounds like it will be a blast!

Jim and Eric, add three more Raffertys to the Stiga tournament list for Saturday. Like last year, my sons Sean and Brian from Laguna Hills, CA want to play plus my brother Kelly from Lake Barrington, IL.

Looking forward to another great event in Lemont!

Best regards,
Kevin
Blazing Guns

Dr. Kevin Rafferty, I love you, man.
carlie b
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn Kevin, fly in on the Thursday and get a 2 for 1!!!! Ah who am I kidding, I can't even be there myself!!!!

PS: 3 guys from my gang wanted to be there Jim but cannot because of Friday!!!! Funny enough they all asked the same question. "Why not on the Sunday???? Don't they want any outsiders for the Coleco event?

I answered, no, no, that's not it. They have a get together on the Friday before the Saturday's event, so they decided to turn it into a tournament.
Sunday, they said they would be to tiered to do it all over again after a big day on Saturday is what was told to me.

PPS: Don't go thinking that the difference in numbers from the Stiga event and the Coleco event is a realistic one. Put the Coleco on the Saturday and the Stiga on the Friday and the results would probably be reversed.

Ciao
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Next year we do Munro on friday. Stiga saturday and Coleco Sunday! LOL!!!

LETS GO!!!!!
Jim Rzonca
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredable Kevin. Thank you very much!

Ride the Wave
Jim Rzonca
Sabre_in_Virginia
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin! What's up Doc? I look forward to seeing you again. (Dr. Rafferty was also out in Las Vegas in January). I guess we will again have at least two doctors in the house! (The other being Dr. Lou Marinoff). Good luck to you and your sons in the Stiga tournament.

Kudos to you and all the work you are doing for table hockey on the west coast. Clapping
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich Thill just stopped over to pick up a part for one of the games he's building for the big Coleco U.S. Open on July 27.

He gave me a sneak preview of one of the games that is already built/refurbished. All I have to say is...wow. This guy does great work. It's just a beautiful s-slot game. Very professionally done.

I asked him if I could take a quick pic of it to post on here, but he declined. Said he wants it to be a surprise. It'll be a very nice surprise, for sure, for the players who come out and play on July 27.

To me, the greatest part of that game is the logo at center ice. It's a logo of the tournament that Jeff Thill designed. It's the tournament logo.
KevinSoCal
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,
Thanks for your kind comments.
Glad you're able to make the trip out from Virginia.
If I would have known about the Coleco tourney on Friday evening, you can bet that our family's flight bookings would have been different.
If somehow we're able to make a change, it would be fun to play in BOTH tourneys.

Eric,
Happy to hear that Rich is doing great work on the Coleco games in preparation for the Friday tournament. The logo he designed is way cool!

Best regards,
Kevin
Blazing Guns
January 27, 2018
Anaheim
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Kevin...we didn't know about the Coleco tournament ourselves until 3 weeks ago!

Eric
KevinSoCal
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem.
I am impressed at how well it has all come together in a very short time!
Kevin

All roads and air travel lead to CHICAGO!!!
January 27, 2018
Anaheim
Sabre_in_Virginia
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on flight information for my job. I'm flying to Denver this Tuesday, July 10. Currently, our travel agents have found flights that coincidentally route me through Chicago's O'Hare.

We need to get games to Chicago. I was wondering if someone could meet me at the airport to take one of the games from me? I'm shooting for the morning-noon. Maybe someone has a midnight job or anyone who'd be off in the morning and/or around noon.

I need to know ASAP.
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot me an e-mail, Greg, and we'll see what we can work out.
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot me an e-mail, Greg, and we'll see what we can work out.
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a "S" Sloted BONANZA!!!!!!!!

Jim Rzonca
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: two weeks from Friday . . . . Reply with quote

With less than three weeks to go until the table-hockey-weekend that dreams are made of, I notice that more and more guys are putting aside their preference for the stiga and opening up to trying the 5380 . . . . this is the whole point of my collaboration with Jim and Eric and Greg Scoma to bring the NYCTHA Classic League to Lemont for a night.

The 5380 is not perfect! When I first played on a 5380 back in August of 2005, I was not impressed. Stiga and benej had ingrained into me a specific style of table hockey and I felt like this game was just an old relic.

But then Len guided me to Martin who built and sent me a game and slowly I spent more and more time on it. Well, you all know the rest. But in just under three years--I played my first game at the CPTHL Pool party in August of 2005--I feel like the coleco game is more suited to my style of table hockey. A revelation that I find strange considering my initial feelings on the 5380.

Thanks all you new players for giving this board a chance. I had no idea it would take off like it has in the NYCTHA. To be frank, I had hoped to start a Stiga league with the NYCTHA and instead the custom coleco league grew and grew while the interest in the NYCTHA Stiga league never got off the ground Confused . We are going to try and get the Stiga league going here in NYC this season, but the NYCTHA Classic league will be bigger and better than last season--we are expecting 16 players for opening day in October. Very Happy

Thanks Guys! Cheers
colecojohnny@yahoo.com
Sabre_in_Virginia
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three boards enroute to Chicago. Two Leclerc-Bossio games were sent UPS to Lemont, both Buffalo Sabres boards.

One of those two boards honors a life long friend of mine, Kevin Reardon, and our days in the North Buffalo Table Hockey Association (NBTHL). We used it in the NYCTHA to have enough boards to support our inaugural season. After the US Open, his game will finally make it to him in Buffalo.

Kevin, who had surpassed me in the latter years of the old NBTHL will finally have a game to practice on to enable him to venture out to the NYC International Classic in September. He's been to two Johnny Good Guy tournaments held not far from Buffalo in Brampton, Ontario. How good is he? Well, without a board and zero practice, he finished 3rd in the B Pool. So, now that he'll have a game I expect him to become a force to be reckoned with. Blazing Guns

The third board is also a Buffalo Sabres board, mine. The third board, my Sabre in Virginia board, will go with me to Boulder, CO tomorrow then to Lemont (Chicago).
Sabre_in_Virginia
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Carlo's post here at THH over in "Hot of the Press: Chicago" If you haven't read Carlo's post go over and read it! - The extremely formidable Cote's brothers of Quebec will journey to Illinois. Fantastic!

The US Open now has top talent from La Belle Province, Quebec!!! The heart of custom coleco table hockey. The two Cotes brothers will be like ambassadors, representing all of the great table hockey players in Quebec as Patrick Cote is currently ranked #1 in all of Quebec! In my and other people's opinion, if you are ranked #1 in Quebec you're pretty much #1 in the custom coleco table hockey world.

Ditto for Ontario's ambassadors Dave Kraehling and Bernie Kunzler. Dave Kraehling finished 1st in Las Vegas, January 2007, 3rd in Sherbrooke Nov '06, 3rd in Montreal Oct '06 and 3rd in Brampton '07. This guy travels and to hunt down his prey; trophies.

And, on the US side, I see Dr. Lou Marinoff, former 3 time Canadian Open Champion of thirty years ago who is re-gaining his steam, his tenacity on the boards. Lou finished 12th in Montreal Oct '06, 14th in Sherbrooke Nov '06, 2nd in Las Vegas Jan '07, 8th in Brampton Mar '07, 1st in the NYCTHA May '07, 9th in Quebec May '07.

And it gets better...
Get out your video cameras!!! We've read about the history of great players in Chicago's old CTHL. Now, now this is the first time I know of since the tournaments in the 1970s that the great coleco players in Chicago are going up against great Canadian table hockey players. Its like when the WHA went up against the NHL, or the AFL against the NFL, ABA v NBA, Soviets vs Canadians/Americans. Today's great Chicago players include, but are not limited to: Rich, Jeff and Adam Thill (a family of great players!), Lord, March, Rzonca, and Salazar. Finally, we will get to see these great titans of table hockey clash together on the same stage.

Like Jackie Gleason used to say, "How sweet it is!!!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> U.S. Open Tournament All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: