Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE FUTURE OF TableHockeyHeaven.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Table Hockey Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: THE FUTURE OF TableHockeyHeaven.com Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

TableHockeyHeaven is here for you, the table hockey enthusiast, the table hockey competitor, the table hockey hobbyist. At the bottom of this post you’ll see a recent email I received; this is what helps to make it worth all time and hard work.

This web site takes lots of time and resources to keep it going. I would appreciate any support you can offer by way of financial support and moral support. So what does it mean if you are a financial supporter of TableHockeyHeaven? It says, "I visit TableHockeyHeaven and I want to support the web site to keep it going".

In the near future, the web site forum will be going through a major upgrade. Again, this will take some major resources. I would really appreciate it if you can help financially. There’s an old saying that goes like this… “A little from a lot can put us over the top”. Anything that you can give will be much appreciated.

If you would like to support TableHockeyHeaven please click on the link below to go to the donation page.

Thank you very much,
Paul

Click this link to go to the donation page...

Below is an email I just received this week from one of our new members. This is just one of the many different types of members/visitors that TableHockeyHeaven.com appeals to…
===================================
Quote:
Little background: (Ok, a lot of background)

As a kid growing up in upstate/western New York in the seventies, table top hockey was everywhere. We all had Stanley cup games. I never did remember what my mom did with my game. I actually do remember having gotten two of them, one purchased when I was very young (6 or 7) and then one when I was 10 or 11, after having demolished the first one, and begging for another. I remember opening the box on Christmas morning: My Dad and I played for hours. He would kick my butt, and we would continue to play that game for years and over several Christmas and Winter breaks.

I think I had one that was a Coleco, and it was light blue on the sides with some form of overhead flat score board with a light blue puck drop that was basically a plastic channel that the puck rolled off of and dropped onto the center ice. I seem to remember the teams having the old Sabres logos, and possibly the Canucks. I was a Rangers and Bruins fan back then, as I remember saturday hockey games on TV and those were the teams I watched, as well as the Ranger/Canadian Stanley cup games being rebroadcast on PBS. I do remember my cousin across the street had a Coleco (based on pics on several sites) with the orange frame tower/scoreboard/puck drop. He was real anal and kept his game immaculate, and I think he had the Rangers and or Bruins as one of the teams.

The point is, I grew up and forgot about table hockey. This was aided by Atari, music, and girls, not necessarily in that order. In the late eighties, as the president of the Commuter Council at my college, I saw to it that we bought one of those dome games for our Commuter Lounge. (After looking at pics in the internet I think it was a chexx game). We played tournaments, and had a lot of fun, but again those little table top games had all but disappeared from memory.

I remember seeing a Stiga game advertisement in the early nineties as a musician on the road, but couldn't afford one. Again music and women made me quickly forget. I settled down, got a decent job making a little money, and got married. My wife had two children from her first marriage, and I began raising them up as my own. It was easy to do. My Dad was a great role model, and being a parent just came naturally to me. Dad died three years ago and not a day goes by that I don't think of him.

Fast forward to two weeks ago and how I stumbled onto your site by accident. I was googling the internet for old school games that we had as kids, looking for something that my teenage son and I could do over the Holiday break. I was literally looking a slot cars, electric vibrating football games, and the images on the inter net were taking me back in time, reminiscing, and then it hit me like brick wall: Christmas table top hockey with Dad, and the Stiga 3D players game I saw years ago.

Well I googled Stiga, got to table top hockey and ..........WOW......I couldn't believe my eyes......
it was as if a part of my past was re-awakened. After visiting all the websites, discovering who Lou Marinoff is, seeing his Table Hockey not Prozac video post on You Tube, I felt as if I am reconnecting to a long lost world. And then when I saw that Stiga had an NHL game, well I was hooked. I ordered one from Tablehockeygames.com. I got it two days ago, but I haven't opened it. I am having my wife wrap it up for me and put it under the tree.

Yes Paul, I am having her give the game to me for Christmas.

Paul, I am 41 years old and I bought myself a game that I hope will do two things: reconnect me to the past and the memories of my Dad, and connect my son and his X box world to my mechanical game world that I grew up in. My wife thinks I am a little obsessed, but she seems to understand and thinks that this sport, which is so much more social than video games, can help bond my son and I in ways we haven't before. Thank God she is so cool and understanding.

I also can't believe all these leagues and tournament play that exist for both the Classic Flat men games and the Stiga game, and how all this information can be found online. It is truly amazing and really wonderful what the internet can do. I have learned so much from your website over the last week, that I am compelled to write this to you.

I am looking forward to asking questions and posting comments on your website. I hope my son becomes as excited as I have over this game, and I hope that maybe we can see if there is a league near us maybe we can practice and even get up the courage to go to a tournament nearby.

I know this may seem strange, such a long confessional email from complete stranger, but I have been reading your posts and the other players comments that I felt the need to explain why I want to register with your site.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Click this link to go to the donation page...

Thanks again and Happy New Year!
Paul
Gearhoney
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done!

Thanks again for the great site and I look forward to a great 08!

Happy New Year!
PC_Gone _Crazy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one little thing:

for those who are in the computer age, and hate paypal, isn't there another way to help contribute?

For sure there is another way!!!
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre,

You are a smart man. You know there are other ways...cash. checks. Wink

~Paul
PC_Gone _Crazy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is, an understatesment!

If I was a smart man, I'd figure out a way to win every game on any game imaginable!!! but I'm not there yet, therefore I'm not so smart as you think.

The ball is now on your side of the court, unless people send you a PM and ask how they can contribute to this thing called heaven. And yes, perhaps you could send a PM to me, and let me know how I could depart of a few loonies and send them to you!!!
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This IS the Hub of Table Hockey. Myself and many others have donated thru this great sites existance to help things along. Please help and give a little TODAY!

Thank Heaven
Jim Rzonca
WWW.STIGALASVEGAS.COM
oilersfan99
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done Paul. I love this site and visit it once a day minimum. (I have a lot of time Very Happy )

Also, drop me a line if you ever want or need some extra hosting space. I could host some pics, video or audio if you are interested. I have about 300 or so megabytes of unneeded storage, and am never even close to my monthly transfer limits. We can do some ftp or a sister forum or database through my site too if you ever want/need to add that feature. I'll help wherever you like. This site is a great resource.

Cheers,

Joel
Cowboy
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: THE FUTURE OF TableHockeyHeaven.com Reply with quote

Paul wrote:

In the near future, the web site forum will be going through a major upgrade. Again, this will take some major resources. I would really appreciate it if you can help financially. There’s an old saying that goes like this… “A little from a lot can put us over the top”. Anything that you can give will be much appreciated.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!
Paul

I for one know what it takes to upgrade this forum. If it goes well
it takes some work. If there is a snag, and there certainly can
be snags, then it can end up to be lots of work.

Paul I know you know this... but just a reminder....
Back it up a couple of times and make sure to look at the
back up to see if everything is there... you may remember
when I did a back up but it didn't work... even though I thought
it did... I was not a happy camper. Mad

Warren
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Table Hockey Cafe All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: