Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very Unlevel Wayne Gretzky table Hockey Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcuscgg
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Very Unlevel Wayne Gretzky table Hockey Game Reply with quote

I recently bought a Wayne Gretzky Table Hockey Game. I've noticed the center of the game legs doesn't touch the ground/table. The pucks goes underneath the player sticks which is very annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Marcus
ChallengerSRT8
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Unlevel Wayne Gretzky table Hockey Game Reply with quote

marcuscgg wrote:
I recently bought a Wayne Gretzky Table Hockey Game. I've noticed the center of the game legs doesn't touch the ground/table. The pucks goes underneath the player sticks which is very annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Marcus

Dynamite.
ruffie
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a brand new one on the cheap a few weeks ago & had the same problems. The players that came packaged in plastic had one hole under the player. These had a better fit but fly off the pins from time to time. The newer players, in the cardboard packaging, have two holes and a tighter fit.

If your short on dynamite I'd say tape the sticks on the players that are giving you problems. I wouldn't file out the slots in the players. They will fit after you have played for a bit.

Put a rubber washer or some cardboard in the slot hole on the legs that don't fit to extend them. Cut a hole in the middle if you use cardboard so you can take it out easier if you change it. I have the large game and I can't see where it would be unlevel or how it could warp in any way. One of the two legs in the middle were shorter on mine as well.

My nets wouldn't stay on so I cut 4 plugs off a cinch cable and stripped the plastic off. A perfect fit under the back supports for the nets Laughing

I wasn't expecting much but the plastic is solid and it's fun to play. No dead zones and a very tight checking game. The sound the game makes is annoying. Like fingernails running over a blackboard Evil or Very Mad

Hope this helps Marcus.
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marcus

I know how to fix it. But I really am not up to typing it
up.... it takes a fair amount of explaining.

So can you call me? Then I can give you the details
on how to do it.

I will send you a private message with my number
and when to call etc.

Cheers, Warren
Rodwarn
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob,

Dynamite! Good answer!! A few weeks ago I made similar joking comment about how to remedy a Carrom game and I got lambasted as if I said something about somebody's mother.

I got a trashpicked Gretzky game a few years ago and before I found the proper players on Ebay, I put some Coleco Gamepoom players on the Gretzky game and they worked great. But...I cant remember which pucks I used. Maybe using a "taller" puck might solve the problem?

A couple of years ago a very strange fellow from outside of Phila visited me with some amazing Gretzky game photos. He had built an elaborate puck dropping system into the ceiling of his basement...guite a piece of cabinetmaking. He had all the teams hanpainted, etc. a real homage. He was so excited about Gretzky hockey, I didn't have the heart to tell him what I thought about the game. He was looking to play people on Gretzky and I didn't know anyone who played.

We have all fallen in love with something that others fail to understand
ChallengerSRT8
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodwarniors wrote:

We have all fallen in love with something that others fail to understand

So true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: