Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question for you guys that run leagues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThrashersFan
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Question for you guys that run leagues Reply with quote

I've never been a fan of the Stiga NHL goalie mask, so for some time I have been experimenting with elongating it. After several attempts I think I have found a pretty good solution using Zap-a-gap. Only time and play will tell if it holds up to the rigors of being a Stiga goalie but I am happy with the finished product.

For you guys that run leagues - I was wondering if this modification would result in the goalie not being able to be used in your league? The folks I play with are pretty loose with their rules but I am curious if this mod would violate any of the more 'official' rules?

Thanks in advance for the input.

Jeff
RAIDERMAN
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: RULES Reply with quote

Jeff,

It would be allowed in the Keystone Table Hockey League (Stiga League). It really does not offer any advantage and it's mainly for looks. Make sure you do that to my next teams goalie!! LOL!

RAIDERMAN
ThrashersFan
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderMan - Those Hershey Bears goalie masks were looking so good I thought about doing it to them but the reality is I don't know how well the extension will hold up.

It feels really solid with the Zap-a-Gap but I'd hate for Holtby's lower half of his mask to fly off during a game. Hopefully I'll know soon how well it holds up.

BTW - can't wait to see your Devils custom ice surface!
DurhamTHL-PRES
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would be violating the rule of fun if you did not use them LOL.
They would be used in my league and I can't speak for anyone else's league but only if it gave the goalie an unfair advantage would it be not allowed, but seeing what you have done with it would not violate any rules I know of.
Great job as usual.
I really hope the guys from Stiga look here one day and see how cool there players could look if they actually tried.
RAIDERMAN
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Masks Reply with quote

Use some light gauge rebar to hold it on there. That should hold up. LOL!

The Devils "ice" is just a print out on paper and laminated. It will go under the clear surface that I was advertising. The whole idea is that you can put whatever logos you want under that clear surface to make any Stiga game be your home ice. My graphics guy is pretty busy right now so my Devils print will be another day or so. Then I'll have to get it printed. I'm hoping to have photos and maybe even a video this weekend.

RM
sklump
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'd technically borderline-violate the ITHF rules, so if your league simply points to their rules, this goalie would be borderline in contravention. But I don't imagine anyone would object.

Especially since typically in Stiga, the goalie faces the other way around anyway, so his convex backside can cut down the angle slightly on top-corner shots.

(Similarly, Lyle's goalies aren't official either, but I've never met anyone who objected. In any case, they certainly are in keeping with the spirit of the game, particularly considering its North American DIY ethos)

PS - it looks EXCELLENT - take a bow!
ThrashersFan
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input guys - if I decide to offer this option in my custom sets I wanted to be sure what impacts there might be from league rules.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: