Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

decals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benster
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: decals Reply with quote

Has someone on this board are able to send me by e-mail a tempalte about how to make decals (for numbers only, i can do logos). ANy help will be very appreciated.

e-mail: canadatabletopgames@gmail.com
jeffaary
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a picture of the player's jersey off Google or Ebay, copy and paste it to MS Word, re-size it, then print on Avery adhesive-backed address label sheets from Staples:

http://www.staples.com/Avery-8165-White-Inkjet-Full-Sheet-Shipping-Labels-with-TrueBlock-8-1/product_765370

I then clear coat the sheet with Varathane water based semi-gloss from Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100149589/h_d2/ProductDisplay?selectedCatgry=SEARCH+ALL&jspStoreDir=hdus&catalogId=10053&navFlow=3&keyword=250181&Ntpc=1&langId=-1&Nu=P_PARENT_ID&storeId=10051&Ntpr=1&ddkey=Search

Let it dry for a day to make sure the colors don't run, then cut and stick on. I then clear coat the entire player with Varathane several times to protect the paint and keep the stickers I made from coming off.
BOBBY 21
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can try www.jerseydatabase.com
sklump
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing: prior to clear-coat application, be sure to mask off the stick!
Nati-MacDaddy
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to a site that has decent jersey fonts.
http://www.fontspace.com/category/jersey

Download the font or fonts that you like and include them on a decal sheet

Check out the following link to see how I lay it out on a 5x7 decal sheet. I combine logos with Names and Numbers but you can do it whatever way you want.http://s601.photobucket.com/albums/tt92/BigMacDaddy1/Moores%20Table%20Hockey%20League/Decal%20Sheets/?action=view&current=PantherInsidejpegcopy3.png

One piece of advice given to me by thrasherfan was to use transparent decal sheets and underpaint the figure with white if you want white numbers. apply the decal after the paint has dried for 24 hrs apply the decal over the underpainting. Let the decal dry and cut in around the number decal with a small brush with the jersey color. See my post Ink Rubs Off to get his exact wording. Hope this helps.
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Two-Tone Numbers Reply with quote

Hey, I have a Super Chexx table with the Blackhawks v. Bruins, but I'd like to put names and numbers on the players. I really would like to do the work myself rather than pay someone else to paint them on. I see most people are going the decal route and I've downloaded the player font.

I was wondering if someone could help with how you actually make the numbers two-toned, like white over yellow or white over black for the Bruins Blackhawks. I'm using a Mac with Pages and Microsoft Word if that helps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Navybear33
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Two-Tone Numbers Reply with quote

Hey, I have a Super Chexx table with the Blackhawks v. Bruins, but I'd like to put names and numbers on the players. I really would like to do the work myself rather than pay someone else to paint them on. I see most people are going the decal route and I've downloaded the player font.

I was wondering if someone could help with how you actually make the numbers two-toned, like white over yellow or white over black for the Bruins Blackhawks. I'm using a Mac with Pages and Microsoft Word if that helps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: