Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014 Coleco/Stiga Detroit Table Hockey Weekend
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Tournaments & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: 2014 Coleco/Stiga Detroit Table Hockey Weekend Reply with quote

Hello everybody. Happy New Year.

Just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know the dates of this year's fun table hockey weekend in Detroit. It'll be held March 22-23, 2013. Perhaps mark it on your new calendars?

Details are still being finalized, but we plan to hold a tournament on the old-school Coleco games Friday night and a Stiga tournament on Saturday. We're likely to be back at the Embassy Suites in Livonia, MI.

We'll be along with more details in the coming weeks, including information on the hotel group room rate. Just wanted to get it on your radar.

Best,
Eric Krol
Detroit weekend organizer
ericakrol@gmail.com
http://www.snactablehockey.com

Last edited by EricK on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Superdave3n2
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I sound uninformed, but is this the same place as last year?
If it is and if it isn't, I'm in...
SD
ICECHEXX
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Dave . Embassy Suites is where we've been for the last 2 years, but it isn't finalized yet.
Superdave3n2
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John, Antonio and I are definitely in....

Just No JETS PIZZA.... Rolling On Floor Laughing
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hey, hope everyone...and I do mean everyone...is having a great 2013 so far. Much blessings to you and yours in the New Year.

It's been 10 months in Chicago since we've had an inch of snow...so I've been able to take energy I otherwise woulda spent shoveling and practice table hockey. Wait, that's not true. Mostly, I've been hoisting some great craft beers...and planning this year's Coleco and Stiga events in Detroit.

The big weekend will take place March 22-23 (but you already know that because you clicked on the topic of this thread).

Anyway, my late afternoon, caffeine-aided rambling aside, Mr. Paul Ruiz has updated the SNAC web site with some tournament info, including the first burst of player names.

You can check it out here: http://www.snactablehockey.com/

###
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening, gents. Send this note out tonight to potential players:

We've got some details about the upcoming table hockey weekend in suburban Detroit on March 22-23, 2013. We'll host a tournament on the old-school Coleco games Friday night and a Stiga tournament on Saturday.

*The venue is booked. We'll be back at the Embassy Suites in Livonia, MI. The hotel web site is here: http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/michigan/embassy-suites-detroit-livonia-novi-DTTLIES/index.html

*There is now a group rate for hotel rooms of $89. That's a discount of about $30 from what I see on the hotel web site. You can call the hotel at 734-462-6000 to book. The group name is "Stiga North American Table Hockey Tournament." The deadline to get the group room rate is March 1. Breakfast is included in the price. You can easily double up because every room is a suite.

*Some good news on entry fees: we've cut them by $5 from last year. The price cut follows several years of entry fees remaining the same. We understand that the economy is still sluggish and the government is taking a bit more. So, for the Stiga event, it will be $30 for returning players. For first-time players in a USTHA/ITHF event, the cost is $20. And it'll be $20 for players 14 and under. Coleco registration fee: $15 per player with paid Stiga entry fee. To play Coleco only, the cost is $30. Prices are good until March 15. Registration after that is $35.

*Mr. Paul Ruiz has updated the tournament web site with the names of those who've registered for the event. If you'd like to sign up, please hit reply to this e-mail and let me know your name and the town you live in, which tournaments you'd like to play in, and we'll add you to the list.

In the meantime, I'm here to answer any questions you may have. Hope to see you in Livonia that weekend. We're about two months away.

Best,
Eric Krol
Detroit weekend organizer
ericakrol@gmail.com
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: roomie request Reply with quote

Good afternoon. We're pleased to note that Burt Brassard of Quebec City is coming to Detroit for the Coleco and Stiga tournaments on March 22-23, 2013.

He's also looking for a table hockey roommate to split the costs at the Embassy Suites. Which is the real reason for this post.

I can vouch for Burt as a nice guy with good hygiene. Smile So feel free to shoot him an e-mail if you're interested in the room thing. If you don't have his address, feel free to PM me here or send me an e-mail, and we'll get things sorted.

Eric
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're happy to announce a couple more players who've signed up for the big table hockey weekend of fun in suburban Detroit on March 22-23.

Coleco legend Lou Marinoff has signed up to play in the Coleco event on March 22.

Great guy and excellent player Bernie Kunzler plans to play in both events.

If you'd like to add your name to the list, shoot me an e-mail at ericakrol@gmail.com

Best,
Eric
slickster
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well eric, ill be there with the montreal contingent of andre pigeon , michael brassard and the bossio brothers, see you in motown,sam
PaulShabi26
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: SNAC Website Reply with quote

Eric,

The webpage for the Detroit Area Tournament is broken? How can I find out the player list at this time?

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Paul S.
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: SNAC Website Reply with quote

It's working fine on my work and home computers and iPad, Paul. Suspect it's something with your internet browser. Clear out your cache/cookies and/or refresh to get the latest version of the page.

http://www.snactablehockey.com/

PaulShabi26 wrote:
Eric,

The webpage for the Detroit Area Tournament is broken? How can I find out the player list at this time?

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Paul S.
PaulShabi26
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: SNAC Website Reply with quote

Thank you Eric! Smile

Paul S.
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all. We're happy to announce that three players from Gatineau will be joining us March 22-23 for the big table hockey weekend in suburban Detroit.

Eric Desjardins, Alain Gamache and Francois Prevost have signed up. Eric and Alain plan to do double duty again this year and play in the Coleco on Friday and Stiga on Saturday.

A reminder that the hotel group rate (scroll up in this thread for details) expires March 1.

Eric
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick reminder that the group rate for the hotel rooms for the big table hockey weekend in suburban Detroit expires this Friday, March 1.

The rate is $89/night and all rooms are suites, meaning you can double up and still get some privacy. The hotel has proven very popular in years past, especially because of the great breakfast buffet and evening free drinks that are included in the room price.

The Embassy Suites web site is here: http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/michigan/embassy-suites-detroit-livonia-novi-DTTLIES/index.html

To book, you can call the hotel at 734-462-6000. The group name is "Stiga North American Table Hockey Tournament." Or just mention the table hockey. That's what I did.
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're happy to announce that Andre Pigeon of Laval, QUE has signed on to play in the Coleco tournament as part of the big table hockey weekend in suburban Detroit on March 22-23, 2013. He's currently ranked 5th on the Coleco circuit.

(See right-hand column here: http://www.hockeysurtablequebec.com/ )

And we're also happy to say that Kent Richter of Edmonton, AB will play in the Stiga tournament. Kent is a skilled competitor who turns it on in the playoffs.

More names will be added to the player list in the coming days as the numbers continue to rise for both events. If you're interested, please contact me to add yours. My e-mail is ericakrol@gmail.com

Eric
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks...registration has hit 32 players for the Stiga event in suburban Detroit on March 23. Tom Warren of Oakland, CA is coming home to Detroit to play once again. And Mike Hubbard of the OVTHL/Pittsburgh-area league plans to come as well.

The Stiga sign ups are encouraging, but not a complete surprise, given the decent numbers the Detroit tournament has drawn ever since Paul Brotz did such a good job leading the way in getting the event off the ground several years ago.

What might be more surprising thus far has been the high interest in the Coleco event on Friday. We're up to 19 players for that tournament on Friday night, March 22. I attribute the increase in Coleco signups to two things: some Coleco players from Montreal plan to come this time, and other players who have played only Stiga in the past are going to give Coleco a try. Makes sense to get more bang for your TH buck, I think. It's just fun to play table hockey, even if Coleco (or Stiga) isn't necessarily your game.

And I know Coleco signups are not done. Could get three to five more players there, including some special guests likely to be announced closer to tournament weekend.

###
Superdave3n2
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no room at the Inn..... Embarassed
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are definitely rooms. It would appear there are no more rooms left at the group rate.

I'll ask the hotel to open up more rooms at the $89/night rate. Failing that, I'll provide a list of nearby hotels.

###
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all. Update on the hotel rooms. Looks like there was some sort of snafu on the reservation system end.

There were still supposed to be two more rooms available at the group rate. The hotel didn't know why central reservations said they were sold out.

At any rate, two bits of relevant news:

*They've added five more rooms at the group rate.

*The deadline to book them has been extended a week (to March Cool.

Should you run into any problems, please call the hotel directly and book through them, explaining the situation.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Eric
Superdave3n2
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woooo Hooooo.....

I'm now Officially in....
See you on the 22nd
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're less than three weeks away from tournament weekend in Detroit.

Thanks to Mr. Eugene Kurz, who recruited onetime TSTHL'er Stuart Murphy to play both events during SNAC weekend.

The Coleco event is up to 20 players. Know of a few more names likely to take part. Could hit 25 there, which would be fantastic.

The Stiga event is now at 33 players, and we know of some more local and traveling players who appear likely to play. Gonna guess it could hit 40-45 players.

For more information, read the rest of this thread. Still time to sign up.

Best,
Eric
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're proud to announce that Bjarne Axelsen, the three-time defending champion, will be back to try for title #4 at the Stiga North American Championships. He'll be bringing his fiancee, Anette Engel, who is quite the Stiga player in her own right.

Thanks to Bjarne for joining us again. A tough field just got tougher with the addition of these two skilled players.

Still room for more players in Friday's Coleco event (which is shaping up big in numbers and skill as well) and Saturday's Stiga tournament.

###
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following up on the heels of the big Bjarne announcement, we're happy to say that Reggie Stefaniszyn, a true table hockey road warrior, is coming to play in both tournaments in suburban Detroit on March 22-23.

We're about two-and-a-half weeks away. Still time to sign up.

###
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're just two weeks away from the big table hockey weekend in suburban Detroit and we've got quite an announcement this afternoon.

Carlo Bossio and his brother, Gino "The Animal" Bossio, will be in Detroit to play in the Coleco event on Friday, March 22. Carlo would like you to know he is the five-time (Coleco) world champion and he looks forward to meeting and playing everyone.

The Coleco field now has 25 players and we're awaiting confirmation on a couple more. And it is a deep, deep field, one of the deeper you'll see at a Coleco event outside Quebec province. Much of the top 10 and the top Ottawa player, Mr. Super Dave. Proud of this. It's becoming the event to watch that weekend.

In addition, Carlo will be among the more than 40 Stiga players trying their hand in the Saturday event.

He also promises to have some of his latest TH creations on hand, so come check em out.

Mr. Ruiz has the updated player list here: http://www.snactablehockey.com

(By the way, I felt a little a WWF ring announcer/hype man in this post.)
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's shaping up to be a nice tournament!!!

If anyone wants Puck Catchers, Pucks or Deflectors, please let me know as soon as possible. http://www.tablehockeypro.com/prods.htm

-Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Tournaments & Events All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: