Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kevin Reardon - Send Him Your Best Wishes!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Table Hockey Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sabre_in_Virginia
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Kevin Reardon - Send Him Your Best Wishes! Reply with quote

Fellow table hockey player, Kevin Reardon, had a heart attack yesterday. He's got some surgery in front of him, so it might be nice if you guys took a moment to say "hi" again and wish him well from the Table Hockey community.

Thanks!

His page on Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/krea112

===========

Those of you who play table hockey, may have met Kevin Reardon, from Buffalo, and his sons at a table hockey events, e.g. Detroit, Chicago or Brampton at Johnny Goodguy.

I moved into his neighborhood in Buffalo when I was 10, him about 8 years old. My brother, Kevin and I began playing table hockey about a year or two after that.

His parents and family were from Canada (Regina). His father taught some of us how to play ice hockey in the backyard on ice. Unfortunately, his father passed away while Kevin was a young boy and his mom more recently passed.

Kevin was a thin and light kid, played defense on our neighborhood hockey team and didn't hesitate to lay a good hip check on players twice his size. Once it led to a bench clearing brawl, with one of our players who didn't get along with Kevin so much (nor with anyone), but he rushed to Kevin's defense and started pounding away on anyone within reach of Kevin.

I played goalie and Kevin played good D. Always a clean, but competitive player. However, one of Kevin's quirks was to tick me off by taking shots at me while I was trying to suit up. ****. It did make my reflexes quicker while on the ground/ice.

In our table hockey league, he eventually surpassed me back in the late 70's. In the 2000's, I drove up from my home in Washington, DC and he from Buffalo. We went to our first Johnny Goodguy tournament together. We were the only two there from the USA. And, as luck would have it, we ended up squaring off against each other in the playoffs. We had a great time. Something his wife thanked me for having him go. He'd gotten such a kick out of it.

In subsequent years, we made it to a few other tournaments together like in Chicago, and some with his two boys Patrick and Christopher like to Detroit or back to Johnny Goodguy. JGG we seemed to link up every other year. If I have my facts straight, Christopher faced off against Dave Kraehling in Detroit, a playoff or championship game. Either way Kevin was very proud of Chris. Similarly, Patrick made his way up to win a C group championship at JGG one year.

They supported TH events, practiced hard, had fun and enjoyed meeting all of you...as we'd recount back at the hotel or on rides back home.

I know Kevin and his sons had a great time at each tournament. And, that Kevin more a regular blue collar guy, got along with all of you very well. So...it'd be nice for you guys....the table hockey community....if you'd wish him well.

Again, his Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/krea112

I'm sure his wife, family and he would appreciate it. And it would lift their spirits!

Thx!

Greg

Cheers
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up.

I remember Kevin and his two sons from a Detroit event a couple years back. Kevin's a friendly guy and I'm sorry to hear he's ailing and hope he fully recovers soon.

One of his sons had a very deep playoff run from a lower seed at the Coleco event. Believe he knocked off a couple Chicago guys in short series and ultimately fell to Super Dave in the finals. (I believe Super Dave is the only player ever to win the Detroit Coleco event, if memory serves.) Anyway, it was quite the cinderella story that night.
tonscia
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,

I don't believe we've ever met, but I certainly wish you a quick recovery!

Tony S
Billga
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes Kevin ! Good Luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Table Hockey Cafe All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: