Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Montreal Stiga Tournament --- June 3, 2017
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Tournaments & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Montreal Stiga Tournament --- June 3, 2017 Reply with quote

Hello all. This note fell into my inbox this morning. I share it with all of you...

Pierre Chastenais, veteran of table hockey wars, is preparing things for the Canadian Masters of Stiga Table Hockey, which is set for Saturday, June 1 at the Rose Bowl reception room in Montreal, QC. Most of the participants from the last edition plan to attend this year.

The organizers also is looking for new participants for the event, and the entry fee is fixed at 30$ (canadian or american) while those who have their name in the current rankings have the 5$ rebate as he is only asking for 35$. Pierre will soon update the event webpages at: http://maitrescanadiensstiga.webs.com for everyone to look at the potential participants list.

Pierre also is aware that it isn't everyone who can't be in Montreal on the first weekend of June, and he does respect the decision of those willing to attend but cannot due to other commitments.

About the Stiga hockey game: People mostly think of the fragility of the game, as the rod holes wear out through intensive play. But when prepared properly for a one-day event they truly are what the international table hockey community talk about: a game where creativity is an essential key in playing this game with every player on the game having an opportunity to score a goal. Yes, the very best players mostly score with the centre when it has the puck alone, then again they still could beat you with their fast play, no need to score on centre fintars all the time as they can pas the puck quickly and score once they see the goalie not covering where they will shoot that puck.

Before Montreal in June, there will be the Canada Challenge set for Saturday April 27, as CTHA Poobah John Cooke is preparing things on his side, you can e-mail him at info@ctha.ca if you intend to play that event.

If you want in on the Canadian Masters of Stiga Table Hockey on June 1 and can make it to Montreal just e-mail Pierre at: cdn_stiga_masters@yahoo.ca

The event webpages are at: http://maitrescanadiensstiga.webs.com

Thank you in reading this. Pierre no longer writes in table hockey discussion boards, but somehow keeps track of what's going on around here, and abroad.

###

Last edited by EricK on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:31 am; edited 4 times in total
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the player list for Montreal is growing. A talented field with a good group of guys....

I suspect Pierre, if he still posted, would tell you there is still time to register...

http://maitrescanadiensstiga.webs.com/joueurs_inscrits.html
Superdave3n2
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Eric,
Where do I sign up?
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scroll up in this post, Super Dave. The link to the tournament web page is there.
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Canadian Stiga Masters in Montreal --- June 1, 2013 Reply with quote

Got this note from Mr. Chastenais in my inbox. Figured I'd help him out and share it on the message board.

Please scroll down for French version (and web site/contact info). Thanks, Pierre.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everybody!

In less than 2 weeks will be held the Canadian Stiga Masters. Thanks to all those who sent their registration fee, and for those who haven't it would be nice to have the money in by may 29th, as I don't want heavy pockets when playing, as it affects my style of play Wink

Again here is the link with my mailing address: http://maitrescanadiensstiga.webs.com/2013_info.html

and the address I use with my Paypal account: pierre.chastenais@gmail.com

As of today we will be 33, however if you know someone who would like to take part in this june 1st event, don't hesitate to leave them this e-mail address!!!

Preparations are going well and I'll await everybody at Rose Bowl on june 1st from 9:30 a.m.!

Thanks to all and enjoy the week-end!

------------------------

Bonjour à tous!

Dans moins de 2 semaines aura lieu l'événement de hockey sur table des Maîtres Canadiens Stiga. Merci à tous ceux qui m'ont envoyé leur frais d'inscription, et pour ceux qui ne me l'ont pas remis ce serait bien de pouvoir envoyer l'argent d'ici le 29 mai, car je ne veux pas avoir les poches pleines; celà va affecter mon style de jeu XD

À nouveau voici le lien avec mon addresse postale: http://maitrescanadiensstiga.webs.com/2013_info.html

et mon addresse que j'utilise pour mon compte Paypal: pierre.chastenais@gmail.com

En date d'aujourd'hui nous allons être 33, mais si vous connaissez quelqu'un qui aimerait prendre part à cet événement du 1er juin, n'hésitez pas à leur laisser cette addresse courriel!!!

Les préparatifs vont bon train, et j'attendrai tout le monde au Rose Bowl le samedi 1er juin dès 9h30!

Merci, et bon week-end!

Pierre Chastenais
Directeur Technique
Maîtres Canadiens de Hockey sur Table Stiga

EricK wrote:
Hello all. This note fell into my inbox this morning. I share it with all of you...

Pierre Chastenais, veteran of table hockey wars, is preparing things for the Canadian Masters of Stiga Table Hockey, which is set for Saturday, June 1 at the Rose Bowl reception room in Montreal, QC. Most of the participants from the last edition plan to attend this year.

The organizers also is looking for new participants for the event, and the entry fee is fixed at 30$ (canadian or american) while those who have their name in the current rankings have the 5$ rebate as he is only asking for 35$. Pierre will soon update the event webpages at: http://maitrescanadiensstiga.webs.com for everyone to look at the potential participants list.

Pierre also is aware that it isn't everyone who can't be in Montreal on the first weekend of June, and he does respect the decision of those willing to attend but cannot due to other commitments.

About the Stiga hockey game: People mostly think of the fragility of the game, as the rod holes wear out through intensive play. But when prepared properly for a one-day event they truly are what the international table hockey community talk about: a game where creativity is an essential key in playing this game with every player on the game having an opportunity to score a goal. Yes, the very best players mostly score with the centre when it has the puck alone, then again they still could beat you with their fast play, no need to score on centre fintars all the time as they can pas the puck quickly and score once they see the goalie not covering where they will shoot that puck.

Before Montreal in June, there will be the Canada Challenge set for Saturday April 27, as CTHA Poobah John Cooke is preparing things on his side, you can e-mail him at info@ctha.ca if you intend to play that event.

If you want in on the Canadian Masters of Stiga Table Hockey on June 1 and can make it to Montreal just e-mail Pierre at: cdn_stiga_masters@yahoo.ca

The event webpages are at: http://maitrescanadiensstiga.webs.com

Thank you in reading this. Pierre no longer writes in table hockey discussion boards, but somehow keeps track of what's going on around here, and abroad.

###
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning. We hope to share some updates on the Montreal Stiga tournament this afternoon via Dr. Kevin Rafferty.

Best of luck to all those playing.

Eric
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening Round Robin stats

Red Group

Reggie 9-1
Mike DiMarco 8-1-1
Simon Harvey 7-3
Denis Maille 6-3-1
Steve Gauvin 5-5
David Decrozant 5-5
Eugene Kurz 4-5-1
Warren Morris 4-5-1
Daniel Dube 3-5-2
Jonathan Dube 1-9-0
JC Godon 0-10-0

Blue Group

Eric Desjardins 8-2
Carlo Bossio 8-2
Kevin Rafferty 7-2-1
Tim Tigges 7-3
Michel Decarie 7-3
Francois Larrivee 5-5
Claude Dube 3-6-1
Patrick Cote 3-7
Francois Dube 2-6-2
Pierre Chastenais 2-7-1
Jordan Bulman 0-9-1

Orange Group

Alain Gamache 9-1
Kent Richter 8-1-1
S Klump 6-3-1
J Rochette 6-3-1
FX Jette 6-3-1
John Cooke 4-3-3
David Donar 4-5-1
Paolo Ouellet 3-7
Kevin Williams 1-6-3
Bryan Williams 1-7-2
Yanie Portlier 0-9-1

###
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A group playoffs

1 Reggie
16 Joycelyn

8 Rafferty
9 Decarie

5 DesJardins
12 Klump (I think. It says "Stephane")

4 Kent
13 Mike DiMarco

Other side o' the bracket...

2 Alain
15 Cooke

7 Simon
10 Tigges

6 Bossio
11 Jette (I think)

3 Denis Maille
14 Steve Gauvin

###
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quarters

Reggie over Rafferty in 6.
Eric Desjardins over Richter.

So it's Reggie vs. Eric Desjardins in that half of the bracket.

A quarters

Alain over Simon
Denis over FX Jette

So it's Alain vs. Denis in the semis in the other half of the bracket.
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B Group was players who lost in first round of A playoffs.

Cooke over Gauvin
Klump over Joycelyn
Bossio bye
Tim Tigges bye

Semis: Carlo vs. Cooke and Klump vs. Tim Tigges from Germany

###
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Group C

Looks like it's David Decrozant vs. Pierre Chastanais in one semi and Larivee vs. Donar (or maybe Kurz?) in the other semi.
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the D group, it'll be Bryan Williams of CAGA Detroit vs. either D Dube or Warren Morris in the finals.
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlo is b pool champ.

Warren Morris is d pool champ.

Alain v. Reggie in A finals.
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alain Gamache wins the tournament.

Down 2-0, he won the next four.

Congrats to Alain.
sklump
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty happy about that. Biggest tournament won by one of ours. And Eric playing for 3rd. Huge.
Billga
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I could not go . Good job Alain !
Superdave3n2
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Alain,

Sorry I couldn't make it either. TOO DARN BUSY....

BUT

Next weekend is the 3rd Annual Vintage Munro Tournament in Mississauga
Let me know if you are interested.
$20.00 and a great BBQ...

See all of you who have signed on and hope to see more.

We are currently standing at 18 players but if everyone shows, we should have 25 players
Dave
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hot time in Montreal!

First of all my apologies go out to all those who had to deal with my issues. #1 I sweated out 14 gallons during the day. At times that liquid found it's way from my forehead to the ice just behind my net. Sorry for all those puddles!

#2 I have become a rod-bender. Sorry for that.

Now that is out of the way ... I had a great time. Thanks again to Pierre and Ron for doing all that work and for all those who helped out during the games.

Montreal has become a great day to see old friends. Not to leave out names, but good to see Mike Di Marco and David Decrozant out again.

It was a tough field and nice to see our NCR boys do well.

Hope everyone had at least half as much fun as I did.

Now our boys Kent, Reggie and Martin are joining fellow North American Kevin R. at the World Championships. Good luck!
sklump
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tremendous tournament, as usual.

The National Capital Region produced winners of the A, C, and D pools! Congrats to Carlo for taking the B, with the heart of a champ.

Some of those games have forced me to rethink my Stiga offence. Some tricks I abandoned years ago look like they work just fine with enough skill, so I may be able to make it pay off now.
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: 2014 edition Reply with quote

Hello. Mon frere Pierre Chastenais is putting on the long-running Montreal Stiga tournament in about six weeks.

It's the Canadian Stiga Masters 2014. Saturday, May 31. (A k a the tournament formerly known as the Rose Bowl Classic)

More details here in both Francais and English: http://maitrescanadiensstiga.webs.com/

Looks like there already are 26 players, including a bunch of Canadian heavy hitters and many players named Dube.

http://maitrescanadiensstiga.webs.com/joueurs_inscrits.html

Registration is most definitely open.

###
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From mon frere Pierre:

For those interested, registration is still going on for the Canadian Masters of Stiga Table Hockey, set for may 31st in Montreal. Yes, I know it is after Memorial Day week-end, would be fun to see some folks from the east coast. Montreal isn't too far… http://maitrescanadiensstiga.webs.com/2014_introduction.html
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Reggie Stefaniszyn, who defeated Eric Desjardins in the finals of the Canadian Masters of Stiga event in Montreal. Kent Richter was third.

I am sure Pierre will have the usual great results for us in the coming days, with standings and game-by-game playoff results.

The one thing he did mention in a late-night email was that Francois Dube upset last year's champ, Alain Gamache, in the first round. 13th seed over a 4th seed, looks like.

Gamache went on to win the B pool, looks like.

###
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here are the playoff results, game by game, in pdf form:

http://www.ustha.com/tour_stats/index.html
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone. Pierre Chastenais will be putting on his always-excellent Canadian Masters of Stiga (formerly known as the Rose Bowl Classic) tournament in Montreal on Saturday, May 30. This is the longest-running event on the North American Stiga Tour. Pierre notes the exchange rate is pretty good right now if you're a U.S. player thinking of heading north of the border. It's the weekend after Memorial Day in the U.S., so start your summer right.

For more information and to register:

http://maitrescanadiensstiga.webs.com[/url]
TheStein
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on the Montreal event? I have visited the website and it seems not to have been updated for some time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Tournaments & Events All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: