Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello All From Detmurds! (Paul Wright of Seattle)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Table Hockey Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DETMURDS
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Hello All From Detmurds! (Paul Wright of Seattle) Reply with quote

It has been a while, but just wanted to do a little shout out here and say, 'hello'!

Was wondering about who is, and who is not still around from 10 years ago? Not asking for any dirt, just a brief update.

I have not been able play much table hockey, since I have been suffering some pain in the right arm. Torn bicep, torn rotator cuff, as well as a wrist injury. These days I am feeling good enough to play again, only problem is, nobody to play,..well maybe my son if and when I see him, he is pretty busy with life.

I am and always will be a part of this community. Cheers Fellas!
sklump
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm still here. I play the tournaments, but the Ottawa/Gatineau region has finally lost quorum for a viable Stiga league. Pity, because traditionally it's been very strong.

I play Stiga when I can, usually informal practice sessions. I enjoy Bobby Orr (roller puck) a tiny bit more though. Myself and WM are good (not great) players and we get to practise a couple of hours a week during hockey season.

Sorry about the injuries. I tore a bicep 20+ years ago - it never gets 100% again but it doesn't impede my table hockey game.
andrew2010
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Happy to say your old friend Dominic plays and the VTHL is Good!

Dominic is 1 of the few players who Truly Appreciate Good play from his

opponents, his contributions off the table are as Strong as ever and he has

Stiga game too.

Warren? if he's not playing, hopefully he will soon, regardless, as you can

see THH Lives and thus he is present Always.

I play Baby Bobby Hockey these days, do A lot of experiments with parts etc

Take Care and take your time with your arm,
Andrew
DETMURDS
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! It has been a while fellas!
schrojo
THH Programmer
THH Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the old THH gang has mostly disbanded. Every once in while I drop by for old time's sake, but I'm not really playing any table hockey these days. I changed jobs a year ago, so I don't have office table hockey games any more, and didn't bring any games with me when I moved to the Yukon (even sold my Benej so I wouldn't have to move it). If the timing ever works out, hopefully I can drop in for one of those ETHL tournaments again, though.

The upshot is that I've been lacing up the skates and playing a lot more hockey lately. Plus this is the view from my back deck in Whitehorse: https://instagram.com/p/8hwrB0ivBK

Here's to the good times we had around these parts. Good to hear from you, Paul. Cheers

-- Josh
DETMURDS
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Josh, you and I go way back in this site, so happy to see you in hear, exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for. Nice you are playing the real game, remember, don't forget to put on the foil!

Nice Picture!

I am telling myself I will be in this site more, but yes, life gets busy. Just wish it could be all table hockey? God Bless You Josh!
schrojo
THH Programmer
THH Programmer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I was just getting into this community, some time in 2003 or 2004, sitting on the couch in my apartment and working on a logo for the Seattle Table Hockey League. That'd be about how far back we go, eh?

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this before, but my wife gave me a hard time for having to keep checking in with the table hockey forums during our honeymoon in 2004. It was only a month later that the first Centennial Cup tournament took place in Edmonton. If nothing else, I'm glad to see that Reggie is still carrying that legacy forward.
DETMURDS
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still grateful for your great logo you made for me! It was and is still so cool! The Battle In Seattle was fun, and you brought me a great logo, that is for sure! I will be here if you are here! Take care brother!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Table Hockey Cafe All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: