Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phantom's AKA DD Leafs Custom made game!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THH Archivist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Phantom's AKA DD Leafs Custom made game! Reply with quote

This was originally posted by Phantom AKA DD Leafs.

Mr Bob 71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn as i said before that table looks so wicked...i wanna try it out right now lets go...oilers vs leafs cmon lol... Smile

mrbob71...ETHL...

LETS GO OILERS LETS GO WOOOO...
Dar
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great table. Good job. Has it been finished yet. Would like to see it with the players. Again great job, one of the best tables I have seen. Cool
Cowboy
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigger photos added of this game!

You may have to refresh/reload the
page to see the bigger photos.

Just scroll up the page to enjoy this
beautiful game Smile
Dar
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^Those enlarged picutres show the detail work on this board even better. I have to say that this is probably one of the most accurate looking boards I have ever seen when it pertains to the look of a real hockey rink. I hope Phantom updates us on his progress with the board soon. Wonder if hes gonna put in a score tower? That would really top it off. Cool
howieg
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Maple Leafs arena Reply with quote

I'mlooking forward to seeing pictures of this with players installed. What type of players are you using? Are you making custom men, or can it take standard Stiga or Coleco figures?

I also think it would be immaculately cool to install a miniaturized, working replica of the ACC scoreboard above the rink.
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Please show us the players. How big are they? Looks like a wide open undefendable FREE high pass from RW to Center on this games slot pattern. Are the players big enough to block this???

Jim Rzonca
Cowboy
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Rzonca wrote:
Yes. Please show us the players. How big are they? Looks like a wide open undefendable FREE high pass from RW to Center on this games slot pattern. Are the players big enough to block this???

Jim Rzonca

I am shooting him and email right now in hopes to get him
back to this thread Smile
paulr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very nicely detailed game. Top notch graphics. Wow! I'm not a big fan of the slot pattern though. I addition to the RW to CTR open pass, there is also a wide open pass from the RD to the Center.

I also like the glass around the game, nice touch.
dd.leafs
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, sorry i havent been around to answer the questions... i've been very busy lately... however, with regards to my game, i had problems with the slot patterns (as most of you were quick to notice and disliked), and also had problems with the gear mechs working with these patterns, having said that, i am sad to announce that this game (my first ever attempt at a custom game) has been CANNED!

now the good news...

i will be designing a brand new game identical to my first game with a few changes, most importantly being the slot patterns...

i am confindent this new design will work out much better than the first and i will glady post pics as soon as i begin the new table...

if anyone has suggestions please feel free to give me some input

thanks, dave
brotzp
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up.....

You made an awesome looking board and I bet right now 4 or 5 guys will have some great ideas for you.....

My suggestion would be to copy a slot pattern of an older board, I like Munro...

The Coleco/Eagle guys will be able to help with player parts etc if you go that route....

The graphics on your board are second to none, you have that down. Now look for help on the players....
Dar
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that DD. Sad I was super impressed with your table. As Paul said you created an awesome table. Cool The graphics are just outstanding. I dont think I have ever seen a table look as authentic as yours. Im sure you will have the slot patterns worked out.

I also would go with something similar to the eagle/coleco or munro slot patterns with maybe some of your creativity thrown in. Maybe create a couple of playable templates and see how they work, chose the best one and than go for the gold. Smile Keep up the good work., I'll be anixously awaiting your results.
dd.leafs
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the input guys... some of the coleco games have curved slots, while other coleco games have straight slot patterns... i'm leaning towards the straight slots so i can build a track underneath for the gears to ride smoothly... im not sure if its possible to build a track on curved patterns... the other big games such as benej are the "drag along the surface" type, where the player has a base that drags along th ice, but i dont know where those guys get the gears mechs from...

i do however have an older pic with the players installed so you guys can get an idea of what the final game will look like... not sure if i can post pics or not
canadiandad
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Production and order taking? Reply with quote

When your table is all said and done, are you going to take orders? I would truely dig this table in my rec room!!!

Please keep the forum posted. Very INTERESTED!
mr_NHL
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice table ! if u were to sell it .....how much would u be asking ?
Dar
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_NHL wrote:
nice table ! if u were to sell it .....how much would u be asking ?

I beleive DD scrapped that table. Im not sure but I dont think hes selling them, just trying to finish his first one. Cant wait to see his finished product. Cool i believe hes still trying to get a good slot pattern and gears down.
mr_NHL
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCRAPPED Shocked ...... if ur located in toronto and u want someone that can finish off that ACC rink .... i can do it very easy .... str8 slot pattern is the best playable way to play these games . let me know if u wanna get rid of it .... see im from toronto and thats the best table i seen so far ... so if u dont like the str8 slots ill take it off ur hands dude .
Dar
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_NHL wrote:
SCRAPPED Shocked ...... if ur located in toronto and u want someone that can finish off that ACC rink .... i can do it very easy .... str8 slot pattern is the best playable way to play these games . let me know if u wanna get rid of it .... see im from toronto and thats the best table i seen so far ... so if u dont like the str8 slots ill take it off ur hands dude .

Actually Im sure hes not scrapping the cabinet and glass. Probably just the board. If you look at the posts above you will get an idea of the problem he had. I agree, he has a super nice looking table. The rink graphics were just phenomenal. I cant wait to see his finished product. Cheers

Last edited by Dar on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
dd.leafs
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dar is right, I'm not scrapping the entire idea, just the board... The old design had curves in the slot patterns which did not work out. The new board I designed will have straight slot patterns. I'm just gonna swap boards, using the same cabinet... However Mr nhl, the old board is useless to me, if you really wanted to take it, and build your own cabinet, then by all means, I could probably give it to you fairly cheap (with board ads, and glass)

I'm glad that you guys are still anticipating the final game... its been quite a while building this thing, but I hope the wait will be worth it.... I should have pics up in a few weeks
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your dedication to this trickey but Beautiful puzzel is just fantastic! We look forward to future pictures. No pressure man. Take what ever time it takes to get'er right. Its beautiful. Once it works it will come to Life!!!!!!!!!

Jim Rzonca
ColecoKing
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Surface Reply with quote

I am trying to contact DD.Leafs regarding where he got the plastic surface printed and cut. If anyone in the Toronto area has any ideas on where to get this done, please let me know as I am looking to get one done for my board.

Thank you
lindros88
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Surface Reply with quote

ColecoKing wrote:
I am trying to contact DD.Leafs regarding where he got the plastic surface printed and cut. If anyone in the Toronto area has any ideas on where to get this done, please let me know as I am looking to get one done for my board.

Thank you

most local print shoppes can do this kind of work, provided they have a CNC router of some sort to cut the slots. Sintra would be a good choice for the ice surface as the graphics can be printed, and then laminated with a glossy finish similar to DD's game.
nuggs
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, my current game's surface is laminated Sintra. It is pretty nice to work with as far as routing goes.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/22091752
sklump
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: curved slots vs. tracks

Contact D. Kraeling, he knows a thing or two about this problem. Something about a two-level undercarriage with gears attaching players by short vertical rods down to the long rods on the horizontal. Then you can swap out slot patterns as you want (if the short throws are all relatively close) and use the same frame. I'm not sure how much work this involves, probably a tonne. But it looks like you can handle the detailed work, because this table is a gem.
Sean7
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuggs wrote:
For what it's worth, my current game's surface is laminated Sintra. It is pretty nice to work with as far as routing goes.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/22091752

Nice table! How thick is the Sintra you use for the surface?

Sean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: