Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACTHF ****COLECO U.S. OPEN**** JULY 27 2007!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> U.S. Open Tournament
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: ACTHF ****COLECO U.S. OPEN**** JULY 27 2007!!! Reply with quote

Hello everybody im happy to announce that the ****COLECO U.S. OPEN**** will be played on July 27 2007 the evening before Stiga U.S. Open. The event will take place at the VFW Post here in Lemont Illinois. The games featured in this event are the COLECO 5380 "S" defencmen slotted games. Details to be posted here on Table Hockey Heaven in the next few days. Want to come to Chicago to play Stiga, Coleco or both??? Well now is VERY GOOD time!

Happy Trails................
Jim Rzonca
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Who wants to go? Reply with quote

I had a terrific time in Chicago this past weekend, Friday night and Saturday were two of the best table hockey sessions I ever experienced and I highly recommend Chicago as a top-notch table hockey destination.

Out of respect for the kindness and support I received from Jim and the Noble Men of Chicago, I offered to bring the NYCTHA to them in the form of a Coleco 5380 event on the Friday night prior to Jim's Stiga US Open event.

So on Friday night July 27th we will be playing some S-slot coleco on NYCTHA custom coleco 5380s. The tournament will start around 6pm at the Lemont VFW on New Avenue in Lemont. I will be driving in from the Big Apple during the week with the games and will have them all set up and ready to go. One of these games is brand new and has yet to be played on, and all the games are in top-condition.

This will be a first class event and will serve as a "tune-up" for the NYCTHA's Classic Tournament in New York City on Saturday September 8th at the Aviator Complex in Brooklyn.

Looking forward to seeing you in Lemont. Of course we will play some great matches, re-kindle (or start) old friendships, and have a brew or two when the tournament closes. Then we start again on Saturday . . .

Two tournaments in two days! Get thee hence . . .
all the best,
John Power
New York City Table Hockey Association
colecojohnny@yahoo.com
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be one Hell of a weekend!!!

Jim Rzonca
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: NYCTHA Champ on his way to Lemont! Reply with quote

I just now received word that New York City Table Hockey Association Classic League Champion Lou Marinoff will be attending the US Coleco Open in peaceful Lemont IL on Friday July 27th.

Lou won our Classic league finishing 94-3-3 for the regular season titile and then eliminiated the mighty Roger Owens and meek JP to take the NY City Classic Cup for 2006.

Lou is coming off a superb top-ten performance in the lions-den that was the Quebec Open 2007. Immediately he is the favorite going in to the US Coleco Open. This tournament already boasts excellent players like Rzonca, Dan Lord and Jeff Thill.

Adam Zawislak of the NYCTHA and CPTHL also tells me he is going to make the trip to Lemont. Adam finished second in the First Division and is a great player in his own right.

So that is two of my NYCTHA colleagues who are supporting this event . . . . . where are you Roger Owens and James Friedl and Greg Scoma and Len Mecca and Jerome Ellison and Kevin Struss and Bill Galatito and Nick Galatioto and . . . .
the rest of the guys? Very Happy

Get to Lemont: you will have a great time!
colecojohnny@yahoo.com
jeanjrgelinas
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Registered list? Reply with quote

Hey Jim, where can we see your registered list?
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Junior. List will be posted monday morning. This will be our biggest weekend in Lemont yet!

U.S. OPEN Weekend in Lemont. BE THERE!

Jim Rzonca
lemonttablehockey.com/usopen
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we can get a huge turnout for our First US Coleco Open in Lemont on Friday July 27th. The S-slot is a fast, tough game and as Dominic Froome has said
"THE 5380 HAS SOUL."

For all you players who have signed up for the US Coleco Open, here is a link to the rules we will be abiding by for the tournament. Click on "REGLES" and then click on "ENGLISH VERSION" if your French is not fluent.
http://www.hockeysurtablequebec.com/

We will be follwing these rules for the playoffs and might be using them for the Round Robin as well if we can come up with a tight schedule that will assign players to ref specific matches, like they did in the Quebec Open in May. Otherwise, first round matches will be running time affairs and will be "reffed" by both players according to good sportsmanship which is part of the sport of table hockey.

I ask all players to please arrive at the venue according to "Vince Lombardi Time" (15 minutes early--that is 5:45PM local time) so that we can begin at 6PM sharp.

We look forward to having a great tournament in what is shaping up to be a tremendous celebration of the great sport of table hockey in Lemont! Cheers
colecojohnny@yahoo.com
Steve Dowell
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey JP! I just put your September 8th date into my schedule book. I will attend the NYCTHA tourny that day. But I want some beach time too man!
Guys, I really considered attending the Lamont tourny, but cannot fit it in. I am sorry to miss meeting [obviously] a great bunch of people.
To all you others out there...when is someone going to hold a 5340 "bring you own game" tournament? Perhaps I'll have to do it from beautiful New Bloomfield someday. Hey! You haven't played table hockey until you've played at Marauder Stadium! Right Johnnie?!
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I believe Junior and maybe others asked where they can see the registered players list.

You can find out who is registered for both the Stiga and Coleco U.S. Open tournaments right here:

http://lemonttablehockey.com/usopen/playerlist/index.htm

I updated it just now to reflect Tom Warren registering for Stiga and John LaBianca for Coleco (he's already in for Stiga). I look forward to meeting John.

Also, yesterday I added NJ's Adam Zawislak, a great guy and a hard rocker to boot, to the Coleco list, since Mr. Power listed him as coming.

Best,
Eric
Sabre_in_Virginia
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Power, NYCTHA, is bringing to Chicago his Canadian tournament quality boards (Labelle and Bossio & Leclerc) that we use in the New York City Table Hockey Association's coleco league. I will endeavor to bring my Canadian tournament quality boards (Bossio&Leclerc) from Virginia to Chicago.

So, whether you live nearby in the mid-west or want to test your skills against players from the US and Canada on new custom coleco boards here's your chance to represent your hometown and show us what you've got.

Cheers
Sabre_in_Virginia
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone reading here at THH, the upcoming Chicago US Open Coleco Classic will be the third, and I believe the most interesting, most exciting, coleco classic event on the #5380 board held in the United States since the 1970s, early 1980s.

1. The first coleco #5380 board classic event in America in modern times to bring high caliber players together from various areas, was the New York City Table Hockey Association's "Original Six" tournament in September 2006. Fourteen players were in attendance. It brought together some of the great players of yester-year and today. Lou Marinoff, three time Canadian Open Champion of the early 1980s. Today's Stiga Champion, Kenny Dubois, won that tournament. Others were champions from their cities. Areas/cities/states represented included, Buffalo, NY (now in Virginia); Connecticut; Marysville, Pennsylvania; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; New Jersey and the immediate NYC area.

2. The second coleco #5380 board event in America to bring high caliber players together was four months later at the Coleco Classic in Las Vegas, NV, January 2007. Thirteen Players came from Southern and Northern California (4), Illinois (1), New York (2), Pennsylvania (1) and Virginia (1). Plus Canadians from Alberta (1) and Ontario (2).

3. The upcoming event in Chicago US Open Coleco Classic, July 27, is shaping up to be the greatest coming-together of American table hockey players from the two largest modern day hot-beds of coleco table hockey in the USA, greater Chicago and New York. It could expand to include players from along the eastern seaboard, midwest and California.

Some of the players in Chicago (and nearby Detroit) were well-known top ranked players of the 1970s and early 1980s when the former World Table Hockey Association (WTHA) existed (managed by Americans and Canadians). They remain great players today.

Players coming from the east also play in Canada, so they'll be bringing their international experience to the tournament.

Players from the east include:
Dr. Lou Marinoff, NY, currently ranked 1st in New York, 13th of 66 in Quebec, 25th of 119 in Ontario, Canada.

Dave Kraehling, Ontario, Canada, currently ranked 2nd of 119 in Ontario and 5th of 66 in Quebec.

John Power, NY, currently ranked 2nd in New York and 45th of 66 in Quebec.

Greg Scoma, aka Sabre in Virginia, VA, currently ranked 4th in New York, 23rd of 119 in Ontario, and 61st of 66 in Quebec (2006).

Adam Zawislak, NJ, currently ranked 6th in New York.

Kenny Dubois, MA, is a noted Stiga great and winner of the NYCTHA's Inaugural "Original Six" coleco classic tournament in September 2006. Should he sign up to play in Chicago's US Coleco Open, then many of the top US players will be in attendance and competing against each other for the first time in modern coleco classic TH history!

I'm calling on players who I know in California, Pennsylvania and western New York to attend. I also know there were some great coleco players in Detroit back in the 1970s. Here's a chance to get back on a customized, tournament quality, coleco 5380 s-slot board. These boards are vastly superior to the originals!

Lou Marinoff, a guy who was great back in the day and is again a top 10 ranked player can tell you, today's players, their plays, are better than those of yester-year.

Cheers
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking forward to seeing you in Lemont Greg . . . best of luck with your family situation and I hope you get that Stiga game from Len.

All the South Side boys are looking forward to seeing what you got and of course you have to play the spoiler in the Dave Kraehling-Lou Marinoff projected final . . . .

THanks so much for all your help with the NYCTHA Classic League and our tournament coming up in September. We have some suprises in store for all our players and welcome their support and camaraderie.

But first is the Lemont US Coleco Open and US Stiga Open. A weekend of table hockey not to be missed and only to be cherished.

If you can swing it, get over to Lemont the last weekend in July. The South Side is the Mecca of table hockey in the USA!
aloha
colecojohnny@yahoo.com
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to let all the folks who are coming out to play in the US Coleco Open, Friday night July 27th 5PM, know that they can find the rules we will be using (with some alterations; see below for details) for the tournament:
http://www.hockeysurtablequebec.com/englishrules.html

The rules will be posted alongside each game for you to have handy in the event there are any disputes. Please take note that there will not be referees in the first round robin at the US Coleco Open. Due to time constraints, we will be using running time with a talking timer.

The two players will have to officiate themselves and in the spirit of good sportsmanship, cooperate and give your colleague the benefit of the doubt. This is part of the sport of table hockey.

Please note that players will have to drop pucks and re-position the puck whenever there is a dead-spot issue or if the goalie cannot move the puck within five seconds (there are no freezes in Quebec rules). All faceoffs will be at center ice.

The playoffs will have referees and stop time matches; therefore, we will be using the un-altered Quebec Rules for the playoffs.

If you have any questions or just want to talk table hockey, feel free to email me at
colecojohnny@yahoo.com
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Rules John.

Id like to publicly THANK John Power for stepping up and offering to bring his New York 5380 show to Lemont for this event. Some where between Lemont and South Holland in route to Hegewisch we got to talkin and along the way John then mentioned his idea to me. Hed like to bring his 5380 boards to Lemont. I must admit it was a suprised to me. I was all choked up and swerved for a second! LOL! All it took was me to ask him again twice. He answered loud enough with confedence and it was a instant LETS DO IT JOHN! We here in Chicagoland, my partner Eric and lots of Table Hockey players Thank You John Power for having the foresight and taking the shots necessary to MAKE THINGS HAPPEN!

Nothing like a long ride to sort things out!

Thanks Again &
LETS ROCK!
Jim Rzonca

P.S. Coleco U.S. Open Logo is set for next week. A NEW YORK / CHICAGO design for sure! Its a Beauty!

Stay tuned......
carlie b
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, even a logo! You guys sure know how to make things happen. Very Happy

Good going Jim and John of course. Baby steps are being made but it seems like he is growing up in a hurry. Can't wait to see the logo Jim..
carlie b
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John & Jim, in rule 9 there was a mistake. It said a "goal is disallowed" when in fact it had to read, "A goal is allowed". That mistake has been corrected.

Ciao
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Carlo. The more goals allowed the better.

Jim Rzonca
Sabre_in_Virginia
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who knew about my mom, I'm back from San Antonio. She's okay. I'm a bit less stressed now. Thank you for your kind words.

I am trying to put myself in a position to go to Chicago for the US Opens, but work is still unclear. Hope to see ya'll there!
carlie b
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, did not know anything. Glad to hear things are looking better Greg. Good luck on being able to make it to Chicago, its looking real sharp as of now.

Ciao
Sabre_in_Virginia
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Carlo!
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: US Coleco Open matches I want to see Reply with quote

The US Coleco Open is going to be an outstanding event. Besides the quality of the coleco boards and the festive spirit that is sure to surround us all that night, the lineup of players intrigues me in that I have played many of the folks who will be in attendance, but many have not played each other and these matchups will be exciting to witness, especially in the playoffs when I will have a chance to see them close up. Not Worthy

I have not played Dan Lord in a tournament setting, but have played him in an exhibition match on the Labelle and he is a tricky player. His matchup with Lou Marinoff will be especially entertaining since they are from the same generation of coleco players. Flex

The Greg Scoma-Jim Rzonca affair (and I really hope this is a playoff matchup) is another potential series to keep an eye on. Both players prefer a "speed game" with set plays executed at top speed. Blazing Guns

Of course the Dave Kraehling/Lou Marinoff series, should they meet in the playoffs, will be most exciting. These two powerhouses met in the finals of the Las Vegas coleco event that went 7 games. I had dinner with Lou after that series and he was most gracious in defeat and recognized the holes in his game, but has improved exponentially since then (top ten finish in Quebec) and has the hunger to get the win this time. But Mr. Kraehling is the most exciting player I have ever seen. This guy can be down three goals with 20 seconds left and still win the game. He plays without fear. Rasta

I had a lucky match against Dave in Vegas, so I hope we meet in the playoffs. Anything can happen in the best of three format . . . .

Greg Scoma is an intense player and he kind of has a rivalry with Lou. But if these two meet in the playoffs, one of them won't make the finals, so this is one matchup I hope I see in the finals Clapping

Other matchups that I hope to see are: Greg Scoma v John P./ Dan Lord v. Dave Kraehling; Lou Marinoff v Jim Rzonca and just for the fun of it: John Labianca v. Roger Connolly (should he play). Both of these guys are excellent friends and I hope they have a great time. Cheers

What matchups intrigue you? Get to Lemont on the last weekend of July. To not be there would be to deny yourself a weekend of great table hockey and great times.
aloha
colecojohnny@yahoo.com
How do I rank according to the field? I hope to make it out of the C pool Flex

WHERE THE HECK IS AJ SARMA? HEY AJ, SIGN UP AND JOIN US!
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John...you gotta lobby your buddy Roger to play. He said something about a family gathering, but I doubt that stretches over two nights.

The most amazing Coleco stuff I've seen on the 5380 came from Carlo while we were waiting for the RBC VI to start that Sunday. He was getting lift on the puck I've never seen before.

On the CTHL 5340 games, the Thills get a lot of lift on their D-man blasts, Lord is just a pure scoring machine, Rzonca's speed and strength are really emphasized (more so than on Stiga), and CTHL champ Mike Lisowski was a total package. Ron Marsik had very good RW-C going on that game too.
brotzp
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

We should have a competitive C Pool....
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernie Kunzler is signed for the Coleco tournament as well.

That's 18 players registered so far. We know we'll get some dropouts or no-shows, but that's still pretty good on such short notice.

A few spots left for you. Don't get shut out of what's shaping up as one of the most fun TH weekends of the year.
carlie b
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great Eric, way to go Bernie. He is a great guy and a great competitor. 18 and counting on such short notice and on a friday, this is shaping up to be "The Best" and not one of the best table hockey weekends of the year!!!!

Help em out boys, they are 1 short of 40 on Stiga and 2 short of 20 on Coleco, now those are nice numbers no? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> U.S. Open Tournament All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: