Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Levelling your ice surface
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeadlyRedly
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that my Coleco Stanley Cup game is level & runs well, its still not as smooth as my Labelle/Carleco. Can you spray silicon on these games or will that ruin them?

Cheers
ChallengerSRT8
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeadlyRedly wrote:
Now that my Coleco Stanley Cup game is level & runs well, its still not as smooth as my Labelle/Carleco. Can you spray silicon on these games or will that ruin them?

Cheers

If breathtaking shine and lasting durability are important to you, look no further than Mothers Reflections Advanced Car Wax. Using the latest liquid polymer technology, Reflections Car Wax bonds to your paint to shield it from the elements and retain the dramatic shine. Mild cleaners remove light contamination from the paint so your paint is perfectly clean and clear. Synthetic fans will love the crisp shine of Reflections Car Wax and anyone can appreciate the ease of application and durability.

For truly exceptional results, apply Reflections Top Coat over Reflections Car Wax to further enhance the multi-faceted gloss. For best results, use a Cobra Microfiber Detailing Cloth to buff away wax residue. The static-charged fibers will grab the fine dust created by the dried wax to leave your paint perfectly clean

I use these products on my ice surface and they work very well.
aj5380
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you replaced the rods with new rods from irwin toys? I found that that made a big difference to the Coleco Classic boards I use for the tournament. Didn'[t think I would say this but I like the new rods much better. regards.
..aj5380
DeadlyRedly
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think im going to coat the rink (thanks Bob)

And as for new rods, your probable right AJ. WhipperSnipper & I spent a lot of hours building up the plastic guides that were worn down badly around the slot area & they work great now. But somethings still just not as smooth as my other game.

Cheers
perreault11
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I am new to this site and just starting a collection of games. I have a Munro Bobby Hull brand new never opened, Eagle 5180 with yellow sticks, and a Gotham stationary rod marble game. The Eagle was a bit warped so I devised this leveling system before seeing the other "leveling" posts here. My goal was to keep the game original and unaltered (no drilling, gluing etc.). Thought I would contribute my newbie effort!.. Dave from Buffalo

Last edited by perreault11 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Nice job on the supports!!

And welcome to tablehockeyheaven.com

-Paul
Steve Dowell
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: leveling Reply with quote

perreault11 - that's a lot of lumber. The good thing about that is, it weighs the game down so it's not easily moved during play. And the use of screws is always a good and great method because the base can be easily disassembled when necessary. The only suggestion I have for your next base is: build it so surround glass can be applied to the game; i.e, a board along each side of the game in which some form of plexi-glass can be screwed to it. EVERY game should have glass to keep play moving. But good job! Clapping Ps, Great pic of Gilbert Perreault. Definately one of the best of his time!
perreault11
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve.. yea.. I wanted the weight to keep it stable on the table. It was my first shot at leveling a vintage table. It was before I found this site. I see there are better ways to do it here !
Steve Dowell
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: leveling Reply with quote

The extra weight is always a plus! I have 14 feet of lumber under my 5340. I have the leveling wood underneath which are 2 - 1x4s and 2- 2x4s under them; the 2x4s give the game a little more height and weight, then a 1x4 running along each side of the game that the surround glass is attached to; also the goal light switches, a recorder for crowd noise are attached to the side boards ... man, there is so much that can be done!

Like yourself though, I believe a game's factory appearance or, said in another way, it's construction, should not be altered in any shape or manner. No new holes, taping of, or gluing of anything was used in the construction of my base. Wood screws only. Progress, progress, progress. Not Worthy
Superdave3n2
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pics are b e a u tiful....
It's nice to see that table hockey players are more than just "Pretty Faces"...LOL
If I knew how to download pics to this site I would show you some of my handy work.
Forgive me Paul but with your permission I would like to redirect people to the Ontario Table Hockey website to show my pics.

http://n2.nabble.com/ontario-table-hockey-f2700121.html

I have designed new nets with real mesh and a puck dropper. Also we have reinforced the PP2 game as well.
SD
Beener
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking to buld a leveling system for an Eagle table and I was wondering if anyone had plans or an exploded view of the oak leveling box pictured in the first 5 or 6 posts on this tread. I get the general idea and could probably fiddle my way through, would just be nice to have something more detailed to work from then pictures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Modifications, Repairs, Painting & Custom Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: