Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ERIC DAVIS Lemont Table Hockey League Stiga 2013Champion!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ICECHEXX
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a great time for everyone for the last 4 years. The pictures really don't do justice to the enthusiasm that we've seen, especially for this year. We set up 8 different games this year and they were constantly busy from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
It's actually an exhausting day from set up to watching over the games & the people to teardown at the end of it all. But I must say that it was all worth it. This is the type of exposure that TH needs and the people that stopped by had a great time. I'm glad that Ron Marsik showed up to help out too.
Superdave3n2
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was awsome to see all those people interested in the games. The pics really show the diversity of enthusiasm.
SD
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: John Medema is 2011 LTHL champion Reply with quote

Congrats to John Medema, who won his first Lemont Table Hockey League championship this afternoon. It was a well-deserved title for a great table hockey enthusiast. John runs his own Munro league, helps out with the Chicago and Detroit Stiga tournaments and even tries his hand at Coleco.

Results, all series best of 7...

Semis

(1) John Medema 5 4 4 2
(4) Claire Rzonca 4 3 3 1

Notes: All games were decided by one goal. The first two went to OT. In the first game, John scored a defensive goal about 10 seconds in when Claire had her clearing attempt blocked and it ended up in her net. In Game 2, John went up 3-2 late, but Claire roared back to tie it. In OT, John hit a LW-C about 45 seconds in.

(2) Jim Rzonca 2 3 3 3 5 2 1
(3) Eric Krol 3 4 2 2 3 3 2

Notes: The first two games of this series went to OT as well. Eric won the first one when a busted play ended up in Jim's net. Eric won the second on a LW-C about a minute into OT. Jim loosened up and took a 3-2 lead. He was up 2-0 late in Game 6, but a couple of bad bounces helped Eric come up and force a Game 7.

Finals

(1) John Medema 7 3 3 0 0 3 5
(3) Eric Krol 1 2 7 3 3 2 4

Notes: Medema came out in convincing fashion and went up 2-0. Krol fought back in Game 3 to dominate there, then pitched shutouts the next 2 games to take a 3-2 series lead. But Medema took Game 6 and had a 5-2 lede in the final minute before Eric's comeback fell just short.

Congrats to John Medema, LTHL champion.

Photo to come later.

NOTE: The local Coleco tournament next weekend will take place Saturday or Sunday afternoon, depending on the Lemont High School football team, which is deep into the football playoffs.

###
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: YEAH! Reply with quote

Happy to see a GREAT GUY win the LTHL . . . . Congratulations John Medema, one of the good guys in table hockey Cheers
Roadrunners
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Congrats Reply with quote

John :

Looks like the hard work and dedication paid off, Congrats from CAGA

-Kevin Williams
CAGA Admin

www.cagatablehockeydetroit.com
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: hey look, it's the champ Reply with quote

Here's the new champ.
DTHLcommish
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Class Reply with quote

Class , skill and sportsmanship . Congrats John Not Worthy
ICECHEXX
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, guys.

After seven fun years, Grandpa finally does it, and it wasn't easy. I had to scrap and tangle all the way and pull a few tricks from up my sleeve. Claire played very well yesterday and Jim & Eric had an epic 7 game slugfest at the same time. Eric prevailed, but I think Jim wore him down a bit. Then Eric and I had our own donnybrook Boxing and this time I had just enough left in the tank at the end.

I'm holding that trophy the same way I hold my Grandson. lol You can see him here: http://ttthc.webs.com , if you scroll down to the bottom of the homepage. Baby

Actually, I have to thank Jim & Eric a great deal. They welcomed me into the LTHL 7 years ago and have been pushing me and encouraging me all the time. So they deserve some of the credit for this championship because I couldn't have done it without them and a lot of others from the LTHL throughout the years.

Wow, what a year this has been! Yahoo! Cowboy Cheers

The most important part of all this is that I've had seven years of fun playing TH, win or lose, and met some great people along the way, from Vancouver to Riga, and a lot of places inbetween.

Now for 7 more years of fun...Drop the puck!
ReggieJ44
CTHA Western Rep
CTHA Western Rep

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, John!

Reggie Stefaniszyn ETHL
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: LTHL Coleco S-Slot Showdown Reply with quote

We had a local Coleco tournament this late afternoon/evening played under HTQ rules.

Making its debut was my barely-used Hockey Night In Canada Carleco S-slot game, courtesy of some refurbishing by Jim Rzonca. It looked and played great.

We played a double round robin and went to the playoffs. Here are the standings:

Jim Rzonca 8-0-2 for 18 pts
Jeff Thill 6-3-1 for 13 pts
Eric Krol 5-3-2 for 12 pts
Dan Lord 4-3-3 for 11 pts
John Medema 3-7-0 for 6 pts
Chuck Raymond 0-10-0 for 0 pts

Playoffs ---Quarterfinals (Best of 5)

Eric K 4 2 5
Chuck 1 1 0

Game 2 was OT. Eric wins 3-0.

Lord 0 3 3 1
Medema 1 2 4 2

Games 2, 3 were OT. Medema wins 3-1.

Semifinals (Best of 5)

Jeff 4 2 4
Eric 0 1 2

Jeff wins 3-0.

Jim Rzo 4 4 5
Medema 2 0 0

Jim wins 3-0.

Finals (Best of 7)

Jim Rzonca 6 4 6 3
Jeff Thill 3 1 2 2

Jim wins 4-0.

Jim Rzonca went undefeated on the day, a total of 15-0-2. Congrats to Jim on a dominating day.

Next up: the LTHL 2011-12 Winter Stiga season will begin in a couple of weeks. Date TBA.

###
Superdave3n2
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Jim!
In Pickering yesterday we had ten players and we played a double round robin format as well.
Play-offs were best of 3 and the finals were best of 7

Dave Kraehling defeated Sid Kloosterman 3 games to 1

7-6 ot
6-5 ot
2-7
9-7

I don't have all the stats yet but will post them under the Andrew Ryall posting later.

Again congrats Jim.
Dave
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LTHL COLECO CLASSIC 100 ~ HSTQ STYLE!!!

HSTQ RULES!!

Thanks Dave. Thought Thill would take home the $100 but i was just lucky to have things goin saturday.

Keep it KrAnKiN!!!
Jim Rzonca

Last edited by Jim Rzonca on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: upcoming LTHL dates announced Reply with quote

From Jim and Eric...

The 2012 LTHL Stiga season faces off THIS SATURDAY, Dec. 17, at Vito & Nicks Pizzeria/Lemont Lanes. The start time is 6 p.m. If you think you might be joining us, please call or e-mail to let us know.

The season consists of 7 weeks of play: 6 weeks of regular season and 1 day of playoffs to determine a champion. To qualify for the playoffs, you must play 4 out of 6 regular season weeks. Price is $10 a week to help pay for the games and trophies. Here are the first 3 Stiga dates of the season:

WEEK #1 December 17 at 6 p.m.

WEEK # 2 January 7 or 8

WEEK # 3 February 4 at 6 p.m.

For those who like the old-school style games, the next COLECO tournament is January 21 at 4 p.m. at Vito & Nicks Pizzeria. The tournament will be held CTHL-style featuring Coleco 5340 & 5385 wide body classics. Price is $25 with $100 to the winner.

Please consider playing with us and hope to see you soon!

###
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: LTHL 2012 Season Week 1 results Reply with quote

The Lemont Table Hockey League kicked off its 2012 season at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 17 at Vito and Nick's Pizza/Bowling Lanes. There were seven players in attendance, including newcomer John Barnes, who has been playing for just two months. He's the cousin of Eric Davis. Jim Sluis of the Tinley Tin Men Munro League came with defending LTHL champ John Medema.

Three round robins were played. In the end, Jim Rzonca came out on top. He was on quite a roll to start and it was enough to take first place. The first regular-season date saw some scores settled from the last LTHL playoffs. Rzonca swept Eric Krol, avenging a Game 7 semi-final loss from November. Krol turned around and swept John Medema, avenging a Game 7 finals loss.

In the end, it was a dogfight for second. Medema was in second heading into the third and final round robin. Krol defeated Davis in their 3rd meeting to edge him out for second.

The next league date will be Jan. 7 or Jan. 8, depending on player and venue availability.

The Standings

PLAYER W L T GF GA PTS LPTS Weeks
Jim Rzonca 15 2 1 81 31 31 8 1
Eric Krol 12 4 2 83 61 26 7 1
Eric Davis 12 5 1 85 45 25 6 1
John Medema 11 5 2 66 41 24 5 1
Claire Rzonca 4 12 2 45 74 10 4 1
Jim Sluis 3 15 0 25 89 6 3 1
John Barnes 2 16 0 32 76 4 2 1

For game-by-game results, go here: http://lemonttablehockey.com/awards/2012/lthl2012.week1.html
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everybody! U.S. Open dates and venue has been set! ***COLECO U.S. OPEN*** is friday July 20th at the Lemont VFW Post AND the ***STIGA U.S. OPEN*** is set for saturday July 21st at the Lithuanian World Center. Same great venues and same great set ups as last year!

See YOU in July!
Jim Rzonca
www.lemonttablehockey.com/usopen
PaulShabi26
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Stiga Tournament is at the Gym like this past June right Jim?

Cool
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Paul see you there!

THANK YOU
Jim Rzonca
PaulShabi26
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim! Cool
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your very Welcome Paul!

Jim Rzonca
Superdave3n2
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, count me in for your event this year.
I'm looking forward to returning to Lemont to compete with a great group of guys.
Super Dave
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: LTHL 2012 Season Week 1 results Reply with quote

Hello everyone. The little black pucks were flying last night at Lemont Lanes.

The LTHL held Week 2 of the 2012 season. We had 8 players this time as Joe Salazar, one of the friendliest guys I've met in TH, turned out and Ventura Sias made his return to LTHL play. Ventura said he saw me on TV (part of my job) and thought to reconnect with the LTHL. Hey, whatever it takes these days to get the players out for some TH action.

The story of the night was Eric Davis. He made a run at the US Open last summer, pushing Ron Marsik to the limit in a playoff series. Eric has been playing regularly with his cousin, John Barnes. The two have even headed north to Madison, WI to play with the Madison Resistance league on Thursday nights at the Frequency. I believe Madison is actually closer to the north central Illinois town where they live.

All the hard work paid off....Davis took the night...his first-ever 1st place showing at the LTHL. It came down to the final set of games in the third round robin. Eric Davis vs. Jim Rzonca for first place. Jim needed a win, Eric needed a win or tie because he held the tiebreaker. Davis prevailed to win the night by a point over Jim.

I believe Eric Davis had 33 points out of a possible 42. Rzonca had 32 points and Eric Krol had 30 points after closing 4-0-3 in the 3rd round robin. John Medema went 6-1 in the final round robin to close the gap and finished with 28 points. Claire Rzonca was fifth, Joe Salazar sixth. A competitive league night and not many chances to take a breather.

We'll next do a CTHL-style widebody Coleco tournament on Saturday, Jan. 21 starting in the late afternoon. It's an open tournament, so come join us. Just drop us a line to let us know so we can plan on the number of games/players/etc.

Next LTHL date likely to be Saturday, Feb. 4 (night before the Super Bowl). Come on out and join us.

We'll have stats and game-by-game results up at some point this week.

Best,
Eric K

EricK wrote:
The Lemont Table Hockey League kicked off its 2012 season at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 17 at Vito and Nick's Pizza/Bowling Lanes. There were seven players in attendance, including newcomer John Barnes, who has been playing for just two months. He's the cousin of Eric Davis. Jim Sluis of the Tinley Tin Men Munro League came with defending LTHL champ John Medema.

Three round robins were played. In the end, Jim Rzonca came out on top. He was on quite a roll to start and it was enough to take first place. The first regular-season date saw some scores settled from the last LTHL playoffs. Rzonca swept Eric Krol, avenging a Game 7 semi-final loss from November. Krol turned around and swept John Medema, avenging a Game 7 finals loss.

In the end, it was a dogfight for second. Medema was in second heading into the third and final round robin. Krol defeated Davis in their 3rd meeting to edge him out for second.

The next league date will be Jan. 7 or Jan. 8, depending on player and venue availability.

The Standings

PLAYER W L T GF GA PTS LPTS Weeks
Jim Rzonca 15 2 1 81 31 31 8 1
Eric Krol 12 4 2 83 61 26 7 1
Eric Davis 12 5 1 85 45 25 6 1
John Medema 11 5 2 66 41 24 5 1
Claire Rzonca 4 12 2 45 74 10 4 1
Jim Sluis 3 15 0 25 89 6 3 1
John Barnes 2 16 0 32 76 4 2 1

For game-by-game results, go here: http://lemonttablehockey.com/awards/2012/lthl2012.week1.html
DTHLcommish
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Tough Reply with quote

Ex a lent ! Congrats Eric ! A big deal to come out on top against those guys .

Hope you and you cous can make it to Detroit in March .

The toughest league in America ( Lemont ) ... get tougher . Not Worthy
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: LTHL results Reply with quote

Hello. For those who like to see the game-by-game results, Week 2 are now posted:

http://lemonttablehockey.com/awards/2012/lthl2012.week2.html

And overall standings here:

http://lemonttablehockey.com/awards/2012/2012overall.html

Week 3 is penciled in for Saturday, Feb. 4. We'll firm that up closer to the date.
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, we'll be getting some pre-Super Bowl Stiga action *this Saturday* Feb. 4.

It's 6:30 p.m. at the Lemont VFW (site of the Coleco USOpen). 15780 New Avenue, Lemont, IL.

If you're gonna be anywhere close, you're welcome to come and join us.

Please RSVP if you think you can make it. We want to have enough games set up so everyone can play at once and we get the maximum number of games played.

Results and overall standings from first two weeks can be found here: http://www.lemonttablehockey.com

###
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everybody, we had some heavy table hockey competition locally on Saturday, the night before the Super Bowl.

Eric Davis emerged on top for the league night and vaulted into the overall season lead as well.

But the real story was young Lukasz Sulka and his second-place finish.

I'll let Jim and/or John chime in on that aspect.

Meanwhile...Week 3 standings, game-by-game results now posted. And overall standings updated for 2012 season.

You can check it out here: http://lemonttablehockey.com

###
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Leagues All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: